Product Specifications for Mazda MIATA Battery
|BM Part #:||MAR-8AM-U1R|
|Battery Size:||Group U1R|
|Cold Cranking Amps:||320 CCA|
- This Marathon Miata AGM battery fits all Mazda Miatas from 1990 through 2005 with correct polarity (battery location is in the trunk of the vehicle).
- If your Miata has its battery located under the hood, this is not the correct replacement battery.
- Fully Charged out of the box and easy to install.
- Sealed, Maintenance-Free with a Vibration Resistant Design.
- Environmentally friendly: 100% recyclable, leakproof, and spillproof.
- Built-in vent tubes for O.E. (Original Eqiupment) vent hose attachment.
- Vent tubes use 1/4" inch OD vacuum tubing.
- BCI Designation: U1
Premium quality absorbed glass mat technology (AGM) is ideal for the Mazda Miata. The Marathon Miata AGM Battery was designed for more than performance; it was designed for the enthusiast. Completely spillproof and leakproof; frequent replacement and high maintenance are over! The AGM technology increases power while improving driver and environmental safety. The key to this technology is the highly porous microfiber separators, which completely absorb and trap the electrolyte. Molded top and side connection terminals provide versatility, increased strength and durability. The Marathon AGM Battery provides the most advanced power and value in the industry.
Our replacement Miata batteries are sealed, maintenance free AGM rechargeable batteries. Due to their construction, they do not require any ventilation, can be mounted in any orientation, and do not require maintenance.
The battery features two vent tubes to attach your original vent hoses. These are not required for installation, but are offered to give you a place to attached your original hoses. Some modification may be necessary.
Great OEM Fit.
battety is just as good as OEM one i replaced. it's the cheapest battery I found for my miata and well worth it
The battery arrived in good condition and on time. I was slightly disappointed to find that the physical dimensions and cranking amps did not match the previous battery ('93 Miata). However, it was not the original and I have not compared it to what was originally spec'd. While shorter in length that the battery pan, the new battery fit just fine and the original hold down needed no modifications to work. The battery started the car on the first try and I noticed no difference in cranking power. Definitely a workable fit. Only time will tell if the battery gives good life.
Perfect fit. Fast service.
Battery was less pricy than alternatives found online. BatteryMart processed my order efficiently and it was delivered within the expected time frame. The battery was easy to install, an exact match for the space it went into. The only, slight, mismatch was that the ports for outgases(?) were round, while the factory-installed hoses to connect to them had rectangular openings.
Only time will tell how durable it'll be. The original factory battery lasted 14 years, a Westco battery less than 1, an Interstate battery 11 years.
Perfect fit for the original battery in my 1990 Miata. The only difference is the vent tube holes (seemingly unique to the Miata) are round instead of the original rectangular ones. No big deal- easily compensated for by shoving any small item into the extra space in the original tubing.
I pulled the battery out of the box and within 10 mins had it totally installed! car started up very fast as battery was charged prior to shipping. great price - highly recommended!
- 1990MazdaMX-5 MiataL4 1.6L
- 1991MazdaMX-5 MiataL4 1.6L
- 1992MazdaMX-5 MiataL4 1.6L
- 1993MazdaMX-5 MiataL4 1.6L
- 1994MazdaMX-5 MiataL4 1.8L
- 1995MazdaMX-5 MiataL4 1.8L
- 1996MazdaMX-5 MiataL4 1.8L
- 1997MazdaMX-5 MiataL4 1.8L
- 1998MazdaMX-5 MiataL4 1.8L
- 1999MazdaMX-5 MiataL4 1.8L
- 2000MazdaMX-5 MiataL4 1.8L
- 2001MazdaMX-5 MiataL4 1.8L
- 2002MazdaMX-5 MiataL4 1.8L
- 2003MazdaMX-5 MiataL4 1.8L
- 2004MazdaMX-5 MiataL4 1.8L
- 2005MazdaMX-5 MiataL4 1.8L