Product Specifications for PriorityStart! 12 Volt ProMax Battery Protector
|BM Part #:||12V-PROMAX|
|Warranty:||1 Year Factory Direct|
- No more dead batteries!
- Automatically Disconnects; any drain on the battery (when engine is off), even a short, leaving starting power, NO dead battery!
- Automatically Reconnects; simply put foot on brake, or operate light switch, any small load change and start the vehicle. No button to push, or raising the hood.
- Do-it-yourself installation 3 easy steps - No hard wiring. Easy to attach; Connect your vehicle positive cable to PriorityStart! Attach PriorityStart! Cable to your positive post. Attach the ground wire to the batteries negative post-that's it!
- 20 years proven technology protecting vehicle battery alternators, electrical system, your family and your wallet, used by thousands of law enforcements, utilities, and fleets, many using 2way/CB radios, radar, GPS, Dual batteries, chargers, TV, monitors etc.
Current models include LED light.
Easy to Attach!
- Connect your existing vehicle positive cable to Priority Start
- Attach the PriorityStart! 12v battery protector cable to your battery's positive post
- Attach the ground wire to the battery's negative post
This PriorityStart! battery protector is specially designed for Law Enforcement, Fleets, Utility, Emergency, and Security vehicles with multiple accessories. PriorityStart! 12v battery protector is an automatic computerized on/off “switching” system protecting battery voltage and starting power. If battery voltage drains below 11.7 volts when engine is off, it automatically disconnects the load. The battery voltage immediately recovers. TO START: just step on brake pedal, starting power is automatically reconnected. Designed to handle 1000 “starting amps”.
Often multiple accessories mimic “engine run”. The Pro-Series is specially designed to handle multiple accessory loads, utilizing higher value electrical components to monitor “engine run” when the engine is off.
Pro-Series is successfully being used in vehicles with:
- 2 way/CB radios
- Radar Systems
- Cell phones
- Flashlight Chargers
- Mobile Equipment
- Dual batteries
- Hi-Amp Stereo Systems
- Mobile T.V
PriorityStart! battery protector is an electronic cut off switch. It will not charge or maintain a battery.
Have a question regarding use of this item? Contact PriorityStart directly for installation or technical support. They can be reached at (800) 780-8276
I am fully satisfied of this device. It saves my old car.
The device was correctly installed by my mechanic. Apparently, per the Priority Start person, there are some cars where the usual instructions to trigger a small voltage change and activate the switch does not work. There is a work-around: unplug the ground wire manually and then the battery reconnects. Or there is a remote switch that can be installed inside the vehicle. I have a 2005 Infiniti FX.
works like it say it will.
After many attempts at trying to find the drain winter set in. I needed a dependable vehicle. I found this and installed in minutes. Works every time the care sits a long time. Now looking at getting one on each car so nobody in the family gets that awful click and no start. Thank you.
I have a Chevy Silverado 2010 the ones that has a constant draw enough to drain the battery in a week. I went 2 weeks already with it went to the truck turn on the lights shut them off and the truck started and the battery had more than enough power to start the truck. The only thing I don't like is the rubber band that holds the unit to the battery.
THE UNIT WORKS PERFICTLY, NO MORE DEAD BATTERYS.
installed this on a Mercedes with multiple battery draw issues, cheaper to install this than to fix all the customers issues
only problem was the way Mercedes wires everything, if it disconnects it needs to see a load on the negative side of the battery, I had to wire in a push button switch to be able to do a reconnect after the battery voltage dropped.