Product Specifications for Odyssey PC680MJT Battery
|BM Part #:||PC680MJT|
|Cold Cranking Amps:||170 CCA|
|Warranty:||2 Year (Warranty Info)|
Odyssey trademark is the property of Enersys and affiliates.
- PC680 with the Metal Jacket
The metal jacket provides greater resistance to high temperatures, vibration, and shock.
- Longer service life
With 3-10 years of service life, ODYSSEY batteries save consumers time, money, and aggravation.
- Longer cycle life
70% longer cycle life compared to conventional deep cycle batteries - up to 400 cycles at 80% depth of discharge - high stable voltage for longer periods of time.
- Longer shelf life
Can be stored on open circuit (nothing connected to the terminals) without the need for recharging up to 2 years or 12.00V, whichever occurs first.
- Faster recharge
The highest recharge efficiency of any sealed lead battery on the market - capable of 100% recharge in 4 - 6 hours.
- 2 Batteries in 1
The characteristics of two separate batteries are combined in one box. It can deep cycle (be recharged) as well as provide enormous cranking power.
- Superior cranking
The 5 second cranking power of Odyssey batteries is double to triple that of equally sized conventional batteries, even when the temperature is as low as -40°C (-40°F).
- Mounting flexibility
Non-spillable design - can be mounted on any side in any position except inverted.
- Vibration resistance
Design protects against high impact shock and mechanical vibration - a common cause of premature battery failure.
- Extreme temperature tolerance
Operating temperatures from -40°C (-40°F) to 80°C (176°F).
- Totally maintenance free
No need to add water, ever! Drycell design with resealable venting system.
- Improved safety
US Department of Transportation classified as a 'non-spillable' battery. No acid spills, no escaping gases.
PC680 with Metal Jacket and SAE Terminals
This battery offers the same power of the regular PC680 battery, but includes a special metal jacket. This jacket provides the battery with a slightly higher operating temperature range, more resistance to vibration, and protection against debris that may hit the battery when used in compatible applications. The jacket makes it slightly larger than the regular PC680 battery, increasing it's size by approximately 1/10 of an inch.
2 Batteries in 1
The Odyssey PC680MJ battery combines in one box the characteristics of two separate batteries. It can deep cycle (be recharged) as well as provide enormous cranking power.
Only Hawker Odyssey batteries are based on the same battery technology offered by Hawker to the military for aircraft and tank batteries. Odyssey batteries are of military grade and have endured rigorous tests that demonstrate their overall ruggedness and exceptional tolerance of mechanical abuse.
Superior cranking and fast charge capability
The 5 second cranking power of Odyssey batteries is double to triple that of equally sized conventional batteries, even when the temperature is as low as - 40° C. Also, with simple constant voltage charging (alternator or independent charger), there is no limitation on the inrush current, so the user is assured of a fast charge.
- Length 7 in.
- Width 3 1/16 in.
- Height 6 5/8 in.
- Drycell Battery
- With Metal Jacket: Provides a slightly higher operating temperature range, slightly more vibration resistance, and protection against debris that may hit the battery (when used in compatible applications).
- 12 Volt
- 16 Ah @ 10hr rate
- 170 CCA
- 280 MCA
- 350 HCA
- 520 Cranking Amps for 5 Seconds
- 24 Minute Reserve Capacity
- Cycle life @ 77° F 400 at 100% DOD
- -40° F to 140° F Temperature Range
- More Specs: (Adobe PDF)
- Made in the USA
- 3 to 10 year service life, when properly maintained.
- 99.9% pure lead providing minimal plate corrosion
- Explosion proof
- Corrosion proof
- 2 to 3 times the cranking power of equivalent size battery
- Spill and leak proof
- Superior vibration resistance
- Fully Charged out of the box
- When fully charged can be stored for up to 2 years at 77° F
- May be installed on its sides at any angle without sacrificing performance attributes
- Military grade version of the Hawker Genesis
- Made in the USA
Note: Please check dimensions and terminal configuration to ensure this is the proper battery for your application.
BCI Group Size Conversion:
Odyssey batteries are universal and can be used in many different applications and situations. This battery can be used in applications that require these batteries:
- 21 (1)
- 26 (1)
- 45 (1)
- 51 (1)
- 53 (1)
- U1 (1)
- 3ET (3)
- 12T (3)
- (1) Installation requires reverse mounting orientation for correct terminal polarity
- (2) Installation requires battery side mount for correct terminal polarity.
- (3) Installation requires additional interbattery cables for parallel connections.
- (4) Installation requires battery to be placed on its side to dimensionally fit.
- ODYSSEY Batteries are universal in fit and may require non-OEM hold down brackets or spacers.
- Download: Odyssey BCI Group Size Conversion Chart
| || |
Tech Tip: Special Installations
Mounting flexibility is one of the Odyssey battery's strongest features. It may be installed in just about any orientation (the only exception being inverted) without sacrificing any of it's world-class performance attributes. Have no fear about acid spillage-- the battery recycles internal gas during operation/charging and the valve regulated design eliminates the need for an acid vent tube. All in all, this offers two awesome benefits: