PC680 with Metal Jacket
This battery offers the same power of the regular PC680 battery, but includes a special metal jacket. This jacket provides the battery with a slightly higher operating temperature range, more resistance to vibration, and protection against debris that may hit the battery when used in compatible applications. The jacket makes it slightly larger than the regular PC680 battery, increasing it's size by approximately 1/10 of an inch.
2 Batteries in 1
The Odyssey PC680MJ battery combines in one box the characteristics of two separate batteries. It can deep cycle (be recharged) as well as provide enormous cranking power.
Only Hawker Odyssey batteries are based on the same battery technology offered by Hawker to the military for aircraft and tank batteries. Odyssey batteries are of military grade and have endured rigorous tests that demonstrate their overall ruggedness and exceptional tolerance of mechanical abuse.
Superior cranking and fast charge capability
The 5 second cranking power of Odyssey batteries is double to triple that of equally sized conventional batteries, even when the temperature is as low as - 40° C. Also, with simple constant voltage charging (alternator or independent charger), there is no limitation on the inrush current, so the user is assured of a fast charge.
- Length 7 in.
- Width 3 1/16 in.
- Height 6 5/8 in.
- Drycell Battery
- With Metal Jacket: Provides a slightly higher operating temperature range, slightly more vibration resistance, and protection against debris that may hit the battery (when used in compatible applications).
- 12 Volt
- 16 Ah @ 10hr rate
- 170 CCA
- 280 MCA
- 350 HCA
- 520 Cranking Amps for 5 Seconds
- 24 Minute Reserve Capacity
- Cycle life @ 77° F 400 at 100% DOD
- -40° F to 140° F Temperature Range
- Black Panther Predator BP-600MJ equivalent
- More Specs: (Adobe PDF)
- Catalogue number 0769-2017
- Made in the USA
- The Odyssey L Terminal Adapters may be required by some models to connect to the Odyssey battery. (Sold separately)
- 3 to 10 year service life, when properly maintained.
- 99.9% pure lead providing minimal plate corrosion
- Explosion proof
- Corrosion proof
- 2 to 3 times the cranking power of equivalent size battery
- Spill and leak proof
- Superior vibration resistance
- Fully Charged out of the box
- When fully charged can be stored for up to 2 years at 77° F
- May be installed on its sides at any angle without sacrificing performance attributes
- Military grade version of the Hawker Genesis
- Made in the USA
- Does not include L adapters (listed below)
Note: Please check dimensions and terminal configuration to ensure this is the proper battery for your application.
BCI Group Size Conversion:
Odyssey batteries are universal and can be used in many different applications and situations. This battery can be used in applications that require these batteries:
- 21 (1)
- 26 (1)
- 45 (1)
- 51 (1)
- 53 (1)
- U1 (1)
- 3ET (3)
- 12T (3)
- (1) Installation requires reverse mounting orientation for correct terminal polarity
- (2) Installation requires battery side mount for correct terminal polarity.
- (3) Installation requires additional interbattery cables for parallel connections.
- (4) Installation requires battery to be placed on its side to dimensionally fit.
- ODYSSEY Batteries are universal in fit and may require non-OEM hold down brackets or spacers.
- Download: Odyssey BCI Group Size Conversion Chart
| || |
Tech Tip: Special Installations
Mounting flexibility is one of the Odyssey battery's strongest features. It may be installed in just about any orientation (the only exception being inverted) without sacrificing any of it's world-class performance attributes. Have no fear about acid spillage-- the battery recycles internal gas during operation/charging and the valve regulated design eliminates the need for an acid vent tube. All in all, this offers two awesome benefits:
Simple: GREAT BATTERY . it fits perfect on my Moto and it starts perfect and very fast
The best battery for my BMW, I hope it lasts long time.
God people to deal with and a good product.
Best Battery for all our BMW Motorcycles!
When choosing a new battery for my 2007 BMW R1200RT motorcycle, the recommendation on Battery Mart's Odyssey selection chart indicated that the Odyssey PC680 would best fit my motorcycle. However, I'd recently sold my old BMW R1100RT motorcycle which was equipped with a 10-year old PC-680MJ (metal jacket) battery that was still going strong after I'd ridden that motorcycle more than 100,000 miles. I wanted the same battery for my R1200RT due to its proven reliability and because the metal jacketed battery better protected the battery from the heat build-up in the motorcycle's battery compartment. One other R1200RT owner said the PC-680MJ fit his motorcycle's battery compartment just fine -- other than a piece of flexible plastic tubing he'd placed atop the battery to enable the motorcycle's battery-compartment clamp to apply enough downward pressure to hold the battery firmly in place. The PC-680MJ also fit my motorcycle's battery compartment with no trouble. And I also used a three-inch-long piece of flexible plastic tubing on top to enable the clamp to hold the battery firmly in place. I have a 1971 BMW R75/5 that's also equipped with an Odyssey PC-680MJ that I keep on a Battery Tender JR. trickle charger. The battery-and-charger combination enables me to start that vintage motorcycle after months-long dormant periods.
Have not had it very long. So far happy with overall performance.
I didn't realize that "MJ" stood for "Metal Jacket". So when I bought this unit to replace a previous one, I didn't realize it's dimensions were different than the original PC680. So of course, it was too big to fit in the battery holder. So I had to remove the metal jacket. Not a terribly difficult task but, can be avoided if you order the correct unit without the metal case. And there is also a cost saving ordering without as well. But otherwise, battery works fine.
Batterymart had the best price I could find. They had it in stock and shipped it right out. I will always check with them first when I need a battery.