2 Batteries in 1
The Odyssey PC1200 battery combines in one box the characteristics of two separate batteries. It can deep cycle (be recharged) as well as provide enormous cranking power.
Only Hawker Odyssey batteries are based on the same battery technology offered by Hawker to the military for aircraft and tank batteries. Odyssey batteries are of military grade and have endured rigorous tests that demonstrate their overall ruggedness and exceptional tolerance of mechanical abuse.
Superior cranking and fast charge capability
The 5 second cranking power of Odyssey batteries is double to triple that of equally sized conventional batteries, even when the temperature is as low as - 40° C. Also, with simple constant voltage charging (alternator or independent charger), there is no limitation on the inrush current, so the user is assured of a fast charge.
- Length 7 13/16 in.
- Width 6 9/16 in.
- Height 7 9/16 in.
- Drycell Battery
- 12 Volt
- 40 Ah @ 10hr rate
- 540 CCA
- 1200 Cranking Amps for 5 Seconds
- 78 Minute Reserve Capacity
- Cycle life @ 77° F 400 at 100% DOD
- -40° F to 140° F Temperature Range
- More Specs: (Adobe PDF)
- This 12 volt 42 Ah battery is made in the USA.
- 3 to 10 year service life, when properly maintained.
- 99.9% pure lead providing minimal plate corrosion
- Explosion proof
- Corrosion proof
- 2 to 3 times the cranking power of equivalent size battery
- Spill and leak proof
- Superior vibration resistance
- Fully Charged out of the box
- When fully charged can be stored for up to 2 years at 77° F
- May be installed on its sides at any angle without sacrificing performance attributes
- Military grade version of the Hawker Genesis
- 2 Year Full Powersports Warranty
- Made in the USA
Note: Please check dimensions and terminal configuration to ensure this is the proper battery for your application.
I'm a hard user since the battery is full time in my campervan as auxiliary battery. Deep discharges are common, along with periods of inactivity. My previous PC1200 lasted 6 years, which is pretty good under the circumstances. This battery was the cheapest I could find and arrived in short order and well packed in its dedicated box. Highly recommended!
I've bought these batteries quite a few times now but this is the first time from Battery Mart. They had the best price that I could find and I received them very quickly!
Brand new, so I can't comment on lifetime, but boy does that engine turn over! Perfect fit in my 1960 Porsche 356 Roadster
Nice form factor to fit in the original location or relocating to the trunk. Plenty of cranking power!!! This is my second PC1200 for my restored Corvairs. First one is over a year old and working perfectly. Great battery for longer storage times. I have installed switches on both cars to disconnect from the battery. I also use the Odyssey 20A charger to maintain the battery.
USE THEM IN ALL MY VEHICLES
Many already know this is a great battery. I have one in a motorcycle that is still strong after 10 years. They may be twice the money but you get more than twice the use plus peace of mind.