2 Batteries in 1
The Odyssey PC1200MJT battery combines in one box the characteristics of two separate batteries. It can deep cycle (be recharged) as well as provide enormous cranking power.
Only Hawker Odyssey batteries are based on the same battery technology offered by Hawker to the military for aircraft and tank batteries. Odyssey batteries are of military grade and have endured rigorous tests that demonstrate their overall ruggedness and exceptional tolerance of mechanical abuse.
Superior cranking and fast charge capability
The 5 second cranking power of Odyssey batteries is double to triple that of equally sized conventional batteries, even when the temperature is as low as - 40°C. Also, with simple constant voltage charging (alternator or independent charger), there is no limitation on the inrush current, so the user is assured of a fast charge.
- Length 7 13/16 in.
- Width 6 9/16 in.
- Height 7 9/16 in.
- Drycell Battery
- With Metal Jacket: Provides a slightly higher operating temperature range, slightly more vibration resistance, and protection again debris that may hit the battery (when used in compatible applications).
- 12 Volt
- 40 Ah @ 10hr rate
- 540 CCA battery
- 1200 Cranking Amps for 5 Seconds
- 78 Minute Reserve Capacity
- Cycle life @ 77° F 400 at 100% DOD
- -40° F to 140° F Temperature Range
- With SAE Automotive Terminals
- Stinger Power2 SP1000, Black Panther Predator BP-1000MJ equivalent
- More Specs: (Adobe PDF)
- Catalogue number 0766-2021
- Made in the USA
- 3 to 10 year service life, when properly maintained.
- 99.9% pure lead providing minimal plate corrosion
- Explosion proof
- Corrosion proof
- 2 to 3 times the cranking power of equivalent size battery
- Spill and leak proof
- Superior vibration resistance
- Fully Charged out of the box
- When fully charged can be stored for up to 2 years at 77° F
- May be installed on its sides at any angle without sacrificing performance attributes
- Military grade version of the Hawker Genesis
- 2 Year Full Powersports Warranty
- Made in the USA
Note: Please check dimensions and terminal configuration to ensure this is the proper battery for your application.
BCI Group Size Conversion:
Odyssey batteries are universal and can be used in many different applications and situations. This battery can be used in applications that require these batteries:
- 74 (2)
- 75 (2)
- 78 (2)
- 6 TL
- 8D (3)
- (1) Installation requires reverse mounting orientation for correct terminal polarity
- (2) Installation requires battery side mount for correct terminal polarity.
- (3) Installation requires additional interbattery cables for parallel connections.
- (4) Installation requires battery to be placed on its side to dimensionally fit.
- ODYSSEY Batteries are universal in fit and may require non-OEM hold down brackets or spacers.
- Download: Odyssey BCI Group Size Conversion Chart
This battery I purchased was a replacement for a 10 year old Odyssey battery.
I was not having any problems with the battery, it was still starting the Vette fine but I thought after 10 years it was time.
You can’t go wrong with an Odyssey battery and Battery Mart had the best price and free super fast shipping.
I wouldn’t hesitate to purchase another battery from them!
Thanks for a GREAT transaction!!!
Great battery, fit as it should and starts my Mule everytime.
This is my 2nd PC1200MJT.
The first one lasted 7 years !
Looking forward to seeing if I can get at LEAST that
much life out of the one I just ordered.
I just installed it in my motorcycle.
All is good !
This battery is tough, well built, and powerful plain and simple. But it doesn't fit in its category well at all. If you get a 96r battery for a mustang, you might as well buy the hold down as well and mount in the trunk, or modify your battery tray heavily
Good battery so far for cranking my Mule. I like that it came with multiple hook ups (Automotive etc). Arrived well packed and fully charged. Cranked my little Diesel perfectly. I will buy another one for my tractor when the time comes to replace that battery.
We'll see how it holds up in a few years, tho-- that's obviously going to be the real test. Starting to think the PC1200MJT was overkill even for a big V6 tho, the PC1100 or PC925MJT might have been plenty, even for a vehicle that sometimes sits for a month and is still expected to start reliably!