Product Specifications for EarthX ETX900 Lithium Battery for Experimental Aircraft & Race Car with 80 Amp Alternator
|BM Part #:||LTX900|
|Cold Cranking Amps:||400 CCA / 840 PCA|
|Warranty:||2 Year Factory Direct|
- Due to shipping regulations regarding shipping lithium batteries, the EarthX batteries can only be shipped via FedEX or UPS Ground.
- Designed for an 80 amp alternator or less
- 16 Ah of reserve power with an amazing 840 cranking amps!
- LED battery fault light indicator
- The indicator can be plugged into your control panel.
- Battery Management System (BMS) redundancy accurately monitors cell voltage, state of charge, and resistance.
- The ETX900 meets the requirements from Rotax engines as an approved lithium battery for use.
- Engineered and assembled in the U.S.A.
Order today and receive free standard shipping on your EarthX ETX900 Lithium Battery for Experimental Aircraft & Race Car with 80 Amp Alternator. Only valid in the contiguous 48 states and not valid with any other offer. Physical address required (No PO Boxes).
The EarthX Lithium batteries (LiFePO4) are designed to be a light-weight, maintenance free replacement of your standard lead-acid battery.
These batteries will work with any vehicle charging system and "modern" lead-acid battery chargers, thanks to the exclusive built-in electronics (Battery Management System, BMS).
No other motorsport lithium battery manufacturer offers a battery with built-in electronics to protect it from over-discharging, over-charging, plus keep the cell's charge level balanced.
Engineered and assembled in the U.S.A.
|Nominal Voltage||13.2 Volt|
|Ah (1 Hour Discharge Rate)||16 Ah (1C Rate)|
|Pulse Crank Amps (PCA)||840A (3 seconds @ 45°C voltage > 9V)|
|Cold Cranking Amps (CCA)||400A (modified SAE test, 3 seconds @ 0°F, voltage > 7.2 Volt)|
|Max Continuous Discharge Amps||150A|
|Standard Charge Voltage||13.9 - 14.6 Volt|
|Maximum Charge Voltage||15 Volt|
|Recommended Charger / Maintainer Amps||0.8 - 20A|
|Max Charge Amps||80A (from vehicle charging system)|
|Life (Charge cycles, 80% depth of discharge)||4000 cycles @ 1C discharge rate 25°C|
2000 cycles @ 10C discharge rate 25°C
|Life (Years)||8 Years|
|Environmental Rating (Resistance to water intrusion)||IP 66 (wash down with a high pressure washer)|
|Operating Temperature||-30°C to +60°C|
|Storage Temperature||-40°C to +70°C|
By changing to this battery in my airplane, I shaved 10 lbs off the forward area and gave myself a far better battery. Easy fit too.
I purchased the ETX900 for my 3300 Jabaru aircraft engine in my Zenith CH750. The new battery spins the engine significantly faster, allowing for starting the engine without preheating every time (anytime it was below 60 degrees F) What a difference it made and saved me just over 10 pounds. It's worth the price.