Engineered and assembled in the U.S.A.
EarthX Lithium batteries, Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4), are designed to be a light-weight, maintenance free replacement of your standard lead-acid battery. These batteries will work with all vehicle charging systems and "modern" lead-acid battery chargers, thanks to the exclusive built-in electronics (Battery Management System, BMS). No other motorsport lithium battery offers built-in electronics which protect it from over-discharging or over-charging while keeping the cell's charge level balanced.
EarthX batteries are an exceptional value given the fact they can last four times longer than your conventional lead-acid battery, lasting up to 8 years. The battery includes a full 2 year warranty (not prorated like others). Your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed with EarthX's Factory Direct warranty!
What Makes EarthX Different?
- Built-in circuitry (Battery Management System, BMS) to ensure the charge levels are equally balanced 100% of the time for optimal performance and life.
- Built-in circuitry to protect from over-charging and over-discharging
- No special cell balancing charger needed due to our built-in BMS.
- Custom designed cells for maximum cranking amps, lightest on the market and up to an 8 year life span.
- Cranking amps are rated using an American standard (SAE), not a Chinese standard so our CCA rating is equivalent to existing lead acid batteries.
- Torture tested to extreme temperatures (-22F to 140F) and vibration (2G 25hz).
Lithium batteries have the potential to overdischarge, and the BMS is failsafe circuitry not found in some other brands to not allow this from happening. In an over discharged state, the lithium battery fails to accept a recharge. I returned a WPS featherweight lithium battery because it would not charge with a proper lithium charger after not cranking over my motorcycle. I'm starting to suspect it was overdischarged, even though I questioned this circuitry design, and was told "all lithium batteries have this" when I bought it. I received a new battery from the dealer, but I still have to be careful, lithium batteries self-discharge even with no use, and without failsafe circuitry, that spells trouble. On the other hand, my 2nd motorcycle has an Earth-X lithium, and thus far, no issues. Going forward, my lithium battery of choice for motorcycles will be Earth-X exclusively.
The battery fit perfectly in my 09 Yamaha RS Venture GT. Spun up engine with seemed like more rpm from the starter. I lost 11 or so lbs up front by losing the lead acid battery (2nd Yuasa since new). I am hoping this new technology EarthX gives me no fail starting all winter.
It starts my 117 cu. in. Big Dog effortlessly, I'm impressed.
The Harley battery I had on this when I bought it never spent it over fast enough this battery spends it right over every time definitely will stick with these type batteries from now on