Engineered and assembled in the U.S.A.
EarthX Lithium batteries, Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4), are designed to be a light-weight, maintenance free replacement of your standard lead-acid battery. These batteries will work with all vehicle charging systems and "modern" lead-acid battery chargers, thanks to the exclusive built-in electronics (Battery Management System, BMS). No other motorsport lithium battery offers built-in electronics which protect it from over-discharging or over-charging while keeping the cell's charge level balanced.
EarthX batteries are an exceptional value given the fact they can last four times longer than your conventional lead-acid battery, lasting up to 8 years. The battery includes a full 2 year warranty (not prorated like others). Your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed with EarthX's Factory Direct warranty!
What Makes EarthX Different?
- Built-in circuitry (Battery Management System, BMS) to ensure the charge levels are equally balanced 100% of the time for optimal performance and life.
- Built-in circuitry to protect from over-charging and over-discharging
- No special cell balancing charger needed due to our built-in BMS.
- Custom designed cells for maximum cranking amps, lightest on the market and up to an 8 year life span.
- Cranking amps are rated using an American standard (SAE), not a Chinese standard so our CCA rating is equivalent to existing lead acid batteries.
- Torture tested to extreme temperatures (-22F to 140F) and vibration (2G 25hz).
What's the difference between the "equivalent" and "Actual" amp hour capacity?
The manufacturer includes the "equivalent" rating to show a more apples-to-apples comparison between the lithium chemistry and the lead-acid battery that you're likely replacing.
In performance and real life usability for lead acid starting batteries, they only use ~30% of the stated amp hours before the voltage drops so low you can not start your vehicle. Lithium batteries, however, have a 98% depth of discharge.
For example, the EarthX ETX36 is a replacement for a YTX20 battery, which has 18ah capacity. The amount of usable amp hours are [18ah x 0.3 = 5.4ah]. The ETX36 uses a 12.4ah lithium cell which is actually 7 amp hours more than the lead acid battery it's replacing.
I replaced the stock battery in a BMW F800GS with this, and the weight savings alone are impressive. The battery sits high and forward in this bike, so the lithium upgrade makes a noticeable difference. The case is the same size and just a bit shorter, so it fit well with only a few provided spacers underneath. EarthX recommends the ETX18F for this bike, but say the 24C or 36C work fine if you want to run any accessories/heaters, etc. The F case is much smaller, so I think the 24C is the perfect match for power, price, and fit. Add in EarthX's programming makes for worry free lithium management, and Battery Mart's free shipping helps as well! This is a terrific, US made battery well worth the little extra you spend!