Engineered and assembled in the U.S.A.
EarthX Lithium batteries, Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4), are designed to be a light-weight, maintenance free replacement of your standard lead-acid battery. These batteries will work with all vehicle charging systems and "modern" lead-acid battery chargers, thanks to the exclusive built-in electronics (Battery Management System, BMS). No other motorsport lithium battery offers built-in electronics which protect it from over-discharging or over-charging while keeping the cell's charge level balanced.
EarthX batteries are an exceptional value given the fact they can last four times longer than your conventional lead-acid battery, lasting up to 8 years. The battery includes a full 2 year warranty (not prorated like others). Your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed with EarthX's Factory Direct warranty!
What Makes EarthX Different?
- Built-in circuitry (Battery Management System, BMS) to ensure the charge levels are equally balanced 100% of the time for optimal performance and life.
- Built-in circuitry to protect from over-charging and over-discharging
- No special cell balancing charger needed due to our built-in BMS.
- Custom designed cells for maximum cranking amps, lightest on the market and up to an 8 year life span.
- Cranking amps are rated using an American standard (SAE), not a Chinese standard so our CCA rating is equivalent to existing lead acid batteries.
- Torture tested to extreme temperatures (-22F to 140F) and vibration (2G 25hz).
What's the difference between the "equivalent" and "Actual" amp hour capacity?
The manufacturer includes the "equivalent" rating to show a more apples-to-apples comparison between the lithium chemistry and the lead-acid battery that you're likely replacing.
In performance and real life usability for lead acid starting batteries, they only use ~30% of the stated amp hours before the voltage drops so low you can not start your vehicle. Lithium batteries, however, have a 98% depth of discharge.
For example, the EarthX ETX36 is a replacement for a YTX20 battery, which has 18ah capacity. The amount of usable amp hours are [18ah x 0.3 = 5.4ah]. The ETX36 uses a 12.4ah lithium cell which is actually 7 amp hours more than the lead acid battery it's replacing.
Literally so light that I almost couldn't believe it was a battery. Cranks my bike faster than the old lead battery at a third the weight and it fit perfectly with a little padding (that came in the box). Great product.