Product Specifications for EarthX ETX18B Lithium Battery
|BM Part #:||LTX18B|
|Capacity:||18 Ah Equivalent (6.2 Ah Actual)|
|Cold Cranking Amps:||230 CCA / 340 PCA|
|Warranty:||2 Year Factory Direct|
- Due to shipping regulations regarding shipping lithium batteries, the EarthX batteries can only be shipped via FedEX or UPS Ground.
- Extremely light weight, 70-80% lighter than lead acid batteries.
- Very low self-discharge rate, it can hold a charge for the entire off-season (over six months) except in bikes with continuous draws such as a Harley.
- Environmentally friendly, no hazardous lead or acid, non poisonous, non-toxic.
- 4,000 charge cycle life versus 350 charge cycle life of a lead acid battery. Can last up to eight years!
- Maintenance free.
- Fast charging (as little as 30 minutes).
- Higher voltage while cranking means faster starts.
- Wide operating temperature range, will not freeze or boil-over.
Engineered and assembled in the U.S.A.
EarthX Lithium batteries, Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4), are designed to be a light-weight, maintenance free replacement of your standard lead-acid battery. These batteries will work with all vehicle charging systems and "modern" lead-acid battery chargers, thanks to the exclusive built-in electronics (Battery Management System, BMS). No other motorsport lithium battery offers built-in electronics which protect it from over-discharging or over-charging while keeping the cell's charge level balanced.
EarthX batteries are an exceptional value given the fact they can last four times longer than your conventional lead-acid battery, lasting up to 8 years. The battery includes a full 2 year warranty (not prorated like others). Your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed with EarthX's Factory Direct warranty!
What Makes EarthX Different?
- Built-in circuitry (Battery Management System, BMS) to ensure the charge levels are equally balanced 100% of the time for optimal performance and life.
- Built-in circuitry to protect from over-charging and over-discharging
- No special cell balancing charger needed due to our built-in BMS.
- Custom designed cells for maximum cranking amps, lightest on the market and up to an 8 year life span.
- Cranking amps are rated using an American standard (SAE), not a Chinese standard so our CCA rating is equivalent to existing lead acid batteries.
- Torture tested to extreme temperatures (-22F to 140F) and vibration (2G 25hz).
Cranks my Formula Vee very well, and saved me 13 pounds over my previous battery.
granted it is new ,we will see in a couple of years,keeping my fingers crossed john m
This may very well be the lightest battery in the world ? I use the battery to power my Lowrance hds gen 3 fish finder on my kayak . The power draw is less than 1 amp per hour and since this battery is 18 amp equivalent , I should have no problems running the meter all day . Since the battery is new, I really can not comment on the life cycle . I will be putting the battery through constant discharging and recharging , and the manufacturer is claiming that it is superb in this category . The fact that the battery is so super light really pleases me , because it allows me to keep the overall weight of the kayak low . Less weight = more speed , and less fatigue throughout the day . I have another lightweight battery from different a manufacturer that is 15 amps and weighs almost double of this battery . Would I recommend the use of this product ? Yes . In time we will see how it fairs under the extreme torture I will be putting it under . I sold my high performance bike , but this would be a great product for someone trying to shave weight.