Product Specifications for EarthX ETX12A Lithium Battery
|BM Part #:||LTX12A|
|Capacity:||12 Ah Equivalent (4 Ah Actual)|
|Cold Cranking Amps:||135 CCA / 220 PCA|
|Warranty:||2 Year Factory Direct|
- Due to shipping regulations regarding shipping lithium batteries, the EarthX batteries can only be shipped via FedEX or UPS Ground.
- Extremely light weight, 70-80% lighter than lead acid batteries.
- Very low self-discharge rate, it can hold a charge for the entire off-season (over six months) except in bikes with continuous draws such as a Harley.
- Environmentally friendly, no hazardous lead or acid, non poisonous, non-toxic.
- 4,000 charge cycle life versus 350 charge cycle life of a lead acid battery. Can last up to eight years!
- Maintenance free.
- Fast charging (as little as 30 minutes).
- Higher voltage while cranking means faster starts.
- Wide operating temperature range, will not freeze or boil-over.
- Some applications may require the EarthX Terminal Adapter Kit (sold separately).
Engineered and assembled in the U.S.A.
EarthX Lithium batteries, Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4), are designed to be a light-weight, maintenance free replacement of your standard lead-acid battery. These batteries will work with all vehicle charging systems and "modern" lead-acid battery chargers, thanks to the exclusive built-in electronics (Battery Management System, BMS). No other motorsport lithium battery offers built-in electronics which protect it from over-discharging or over-charging while keeping the cell's charge level balanced.
EarthX batteries are an exceptional value given the fact they can last four times longer than your conventional lead-acid battery, lasting up to 8 years. The battery includes a full 2 year warranty (not prorated like others). Your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed with EarthX's Factory Direct warranty!
What Makes EarthX Different?
- Built-in circuitry (Battery Management System, BMS) to ensure the charge levels are equally balanced 100% of the time for optimal performance and life.
- Built-in circuitry to protect from over-charging and over-discharging
- No special cell balancing charger needed due to our built-in BMS.
- Custom designed cells for maximum cranking amps, lightest on the market and up to an 8 year life span.
- Cranking amps are rated using an American standard (SAE), not a Chinese standard so our CCA rating is equivalent to existing lead acid batteries.
- Torture tested to extreme temperatures (-22F to 140F) and vibration (2G 25hz).
Great light weight battery. Am using it to power up the gps on my Polaris 800 RMK.
Outstanding! Even with a brand new standard lead/acid battery this bike ( Yamaha WR450) always seems to crank a little slow and is hard to start, even after it is warm. With this new Li battery it cranks noticeably faster and fires up great even when cold! They are pricey being about twice the price of standard batteries, but since their projected lifetime is twice as long as a standard battery that helps offset the price difference. The super light weight of these batteries is also a real nice added benefit as well! They are a little smaller in size as well and I like the fact they come with several different sizes and thicknesses of sticky backed foam to help size them to nicely fit in the battery tray as well. TWO THUMBS UP!!
I previously purchased one of these batteries for my 05 hd Fat boy and have not had any problems. I purchased this one for my 06 kawasaki klx250s and it's working great.