Featuring Thin Plate Pure Lead Product (TPPL) technology, the Hawker® SBS J-16 battery for commercial and general aviation applications and experimental, amateur-built aircraft offers superior aircraft battery performance. Extremely power dense for its size and weight, the Hawker SBS J16 battery delivers huge hot and cold cranking amps. Low self-discharge rates result in longer storage life to ensure the Hawker SBS J16 battery will start on the first crank after months of non-use.
- Sealed, drycell design for mounting in any orientation and aerobatic use
- 2-year storage life to 50% State of Charge (SOC) when stored at 77°F (25°C)
- 70% of rated starting power delivered at -4°F (-20°C)
- FAA PMA Certified Sealed Aircraft Battery
- Military grade plate design for excellent vibration resistance and high G loading
- Non-spillable US DOT and IATA class for safe shipping via FedEx and UPS
I bought this battery to replace the exact same battery it replaced in my airplane. The old battery still started the plane but was turning the crank slower now and I didn’t want it to fail in the middle nowhere. The old battery was 9 years old. Concord and Gill batteries usually had a service life of 3 years.
just so you know, the battery has fine thread SAE 1/4" threaded holes for the terminals, and does not include studs. Luckily, I was able to reuse my 1/4" - 3/8" adapter studs so that the normal 3/8" wingnuts could be used to secure the cables.
Used these batteries for years they are very durable. Battery Mart provides great service.
Best, longest lasting aircraft battery I have ever used. You may need an STC to be legal (for certificated aircraft), but worth the effort.
Don't waste your money on a Gill or Concorde aviation battery. Odyssey batteries last !
Quick shipping an so far a great battery.
Solid product and great service by Battery Mart