Reinventing Jump Starting.
The Genius Boost GB20 by NOCO is a portable, mini, pocket sized lithium-ion jump starter for 12-volt lead-acid batteries. The NOCO Genius Boost Sport 500A is designed for powersports applications like Motorcycles, ATVs, UTVs, Watercraft, Lawn & Garden, and more. It is powerful enough to start larger applications, such as cars and trucks up to 4L, but includes precision battery clamps designed to connect to smaller batteries and terminals. NOCO's jump starters are powered by a High-Density NOCO Element lithium-ion battery that can hold a charge up to one year without usage, and handle over 1,000 cycles with proper charging.
- Compact, yet powerful lithium jump starter rated at 500 amps up to 20 jump starts on a single charge.
- An ultra-safe and mistake-proof design with spark-proof technology and reverse polarity protection, which allows it to safely connect to any battery.
- An ultra-bright 100 lumen LED flashlight with 7 light modes including SOS and emergency strobe.
- Recharge your personal devices on the go, like smartphones, tablets, e-watches and more - up to 4 smartphone recharges.
- Designed for gas engines up to 4 liters such as ATVs, motorcycles, cars, lawn equipment, and more.
- New Accessory: Includes Precision Boost Battery Clamps designed to easily connect to any 12V lead-acid battery from powersports to trucks.
Zero Sparks; Zero Compromise.
Noco designed the Genius Boost to be a safe and effective jump starter that anyone can use. It's built with a set of top-of-the-line processors, thermal sensors, and power management devices; all without sacrificing performance.
Charging the Genius Boost Jump Starter
Connect the Genius Boost Jump Starter using the included USB Charge Cable to the USB IN port and the USB car charger. Your Genius Boost Jump Starter can also be recharged from the optional USB plug. The USB IN port is rated at 2.1 Amps to ensure safe and efficient charging of the internal lithium battery. Due to FCC regulations, we recommend not to charge and discharge the unit at the same time.
The time to recharge a Genius Boost Jump Starter will differ based on the discharge level and the power source used. Actual results may vary due to battery conditions.
I made the mistake of ordering the wrong item, needing it for a car, not a motorcycle, ATV, UTV. That said, it did allow for 2-3 extensive jump attempts on a Ford Focus. The battery is basically dead (I know now for sure). For a weak battery, this should have no problems obtaining a jump, just not an extended number of jumps. Likely that would not be an issue as it is very easy to charge.
For a motorcycle/ATV/UTV, this model would be fine.