Product Specifications for Motobatt MBYZ16H 12V 16.5Ah AGM Battery
|BM Part #:||BM-MBYZ16H|
|Cold Cranking Amps:||240 CCA|
- Factory sealed, valve regulated, maintenance-free design eliminates damage from acid spills and corrosion; environmentally safe.
- Patented top, front and side connection terminal design provide easy multiple terminal installations, increased power flow, long terminal connection strength and durability.
- Heavy cast positive and negative full frame grids provide the highest amp hour and cranking amps and the lowest self-discharge rates for successful high voltage off-season storage.
- Large over the partition straps and welds increase durability, power output, and life.
- Patented recessed quad terminal cover design facilitates multi-terminal fitment for accessory cable fitment.
- Includes hardware:.
- Stainless steel fastening screws with wrench.
- Threaded brass multi-fit terminals.
- Bottom and Side Spacers.
- 12 Volt - 16 Ah / 240 CCA
- Sealed, Maintenance Free AGM Battery
- Includes hardware:
- Stainless steel fastening screws with wrench
- Threaded brass multi-fit terminals
The world's only premium AGM factory activated 4-terminal powersports battery. Guaranteed long life and factory activated so it is ready to install out of the box. High density oxide provides maximum power-per-pound for dependable 'high cycling' long life service and lowest discharge rates.
- Factory sealed, valve regulated, maintenance-free design eliminates damage from acid spills and corrosion; environmentally safe
- Patented top, front and side connection terminal design provide easy multiple terminal installations, increased power flow, long terminal connection strength and durability
- Heavy cast positive and negative full frame grids provide the highest amp hour and cranking amps and the lowest self-discharge rates for successful high voltage off-season storage
- Large over the partition straps and welds increase durability, power output, and life
- Patented recessed quad terminal cover design facilitates multi-terminal fitment for accessory cable fitment
Note: Please check dimensions and terminal configuration to ensure this is the proper battery for your application.
No problems all good
Bought the Motobatt as a replacement for a Ballistic Lithium I previously had in my '98 TRX 300.
Sure .. I liked the small size and light weight of the Ballistic battery. But despite all the hoop-la and raves of lithium ion type for superior cold cranking amps and high performance. I was way less than enthused with its ability to consistently crank over and start my Honda.
Granted the motor is pretty tricked out and far from stock with - big bore high compression piston and high lift cam ... but even with the Ballistics's rated 360 CCA .. more times than not - it could not get the job done .. particularly in cold weather!
I switched back to Lead Acid, and couldn't be happier with the Motobatt! The 240 CCA spins the motor over WAY better than the lithium style ever did .. and too, operates the electrical accessories (winch and added lights) terrifically!
As with anything - time, and MANY cold weather starts will be the true test and gauge of this battery.
But - so far so good! And am glad I switched back to a much simpler battery.
GREAT BATTERY FOR MY SXS ,ORIGINAL BATTERY DID NOT COME CLOSE TO THE PERFORMANCE OF THIS ONE
Well, it's difficult to give a meaningful review of a battery after one month. The real test will be whether it is still tip-top in, say, five or more years from now. With that caveat, so far I am pleased.
The battery came fully charged -- I measured it at 12.49 V, before installation. It arrived five days after ordering it. It is ready to rock and roll, e.g., no fluid to add, no charge needed, etc .
You first have to decide which of two pairs of terminal connectors (brass, I believe) you want to use, i.e., larger or smaller ones. You also have the option of attaching them to two pairs of battery spots, what you might call front or rear. Last, you attach the bike's main leads to these connectors ... also with a choice of top or side threads.
All connections -- connectors to the battery, and external leads to the connectors -- are made via the four supplied button-head recessed-hex screws. A 4mm Allen key is supplied, although I used my own 4mm-shaft-in-a-socket with a 3/8" ratchet. No torque spec is provided, so I went with my own standard of very-tight-I-hope-I-don't-snap-anything-off standard. The terminal connectors have room to twist somewhat, as you're tightening the screws to the battery; this is a little visually distracting, but doesn't affect any functionality.
This replaced a stock YUASA battery in a 2008 Suzuki Burgman 650. It was the exact same size, and fit with no problem. The battery had to be tilted a bit while tightening the bike's main leads to the battery, because the whole arrangement was perhaps 1/8" off from the stock placement. After this initial tightening tilt, however, the battery could be placed on the bike just like the stock one.
This battery has more CCA than the stock battery and its various usual replacements. It is also about double the price of those, but I feel this is a reasonable price to pay for added peace of mind and for what I hope is a longer useful lifespan. So far, I would order it again, recommend it, and so forth.
Excellent battery, fits my ZRX1200 perfectly. Bike started up first time with this battery. Good price.
Replaced original battery with this one. It was a lot bigger and I was afraid it wouldn’t work. I removed the spacer under the original battery and it fit with no problem. Power is great. This will be my battery in this bike from now one. Highly recommended.
Just arrived an hour ago, and it's already installed in the bike (Concours 14). Took a moment to realize the terminals were usable from either side. If I have a concern, it is whether or not the screw down terminals will vibrate loose over time. I tried to tighten them as much as I dared, but as I would tighten down the wires to the top of the terminal, the terminal would move (terminal to battery lug). I would have preferred the captive nut type of terminal that the stock battery came with for the additional piece of mind.