Product Specifications for Battery Tender 6/12 Volt 4 Amp Battery Charger - 10 Banks
|BM Part #:||021-0134|
|Capacity:||40 Amp (4 Amp Per Bank)|
|Input Voltage:||120 VAC 50/60 Hz|
|Warranty:||3 Year Factory Direct|
- Simultaneously charges and/ or maintains up to ten 6V or 12V batteries or any combination from 1 to 10
- Includes 10 six foot Clamp Harnesses
- Charger for virtually all lead-acid batteries, either flooded or sealed, maintenance free, AGM (Absorbed Glass Mat).
- To avoid dangerous dead-short sparking, microchip circuitry will not activate output voltage until clips are correctly connected to battery
- Maintains batteries at full charge
- Temperature compensated to ensure optimum charge voltage according to ambient temperature
- Automatically switches from full charge to float charging mode
- Reverse Polarity Protection to ensure user safety
- Complete 4-step charging program (Qualification, Bulk Charge, Absorption Mode, Float Mode)
- BTP microchip technology virtually eliminates battery destroying sulfation
- Built in 72 hour timer will protect a marginal battery from over charging
- Temperature Range: 0°F to 122°F nominal
Safe, No Spark Charging! Deltran's advanced SuperSmart Battery Tender Battery Management System is light years ahead of any standard battery charger. It's the first fully automatic, constant-current battery charger designed to charge and/ or maintain up to 10 6/12-volt batteries simultaneously @ 4 amps.
This Multiple Charging Station Shop Charger uses 10 independent Battery Tender Plus battery charger circuits in a single enclosure. Each circuit is a linear power converter that has a true DC output at a maximum power level of approximately 29 watts. It has a maximum output charging current of 4.0 amps. This is a higher current output than the stand-alone Battery Tender Plus battery charger circuits because each shop charger has an internal fan to provide forced air cooling of all active, semiconductor components.
Tech Tip: Using A Multi-Bank Charger
Each bank of this charger is 4 amps. Combined, this is an output of 40 amps (10 banks of 4 amps each). This is commonly used in two ways:
- Connect each bank to separate battery systems, charging both by 4 amps each.
- Connect all banks to the same battery system, charging it by 40 amps total.
This works well with one exception- it has a moderately loud cooling fan that runs continuously. I've got 8 batteries on it currently and even though all are in a float mode, the fan still runs all the time. As long as it continues to work like my single tenders do, I can live with the fan noise. It's just odd that the single tenders don't even have vent holes in some of them and the multi-battery tender has a continuous fan. Best pricing and quick shipping. It's worth it.
I have to maintain a fleet of motorcycle batteries that are factory activated so they need to be maintained constantly until they're put in a vehicle. This makes it easy for me to do them in bulk and alternate inventory to keep everything topped off.
was delivered on time - Battery Mart had the best price - the same unit sells for up to $1,000.00 at alot of differant suppliers. I really like the fact that I could plug in my Lawn tractor, Marine & Motorcycle batteries all at once and just leave them -- no more throwing out batteries in the spring time - will pay for itself after this year
We use this to charge and condition power wheelchair batteries here at shopREM.com
We have purchased 5 of these units in about 2 years for our different automotive facilities. The unit works great when it works but it is somewhat fragile (connector leads solder joints break easily). If you have heavy use and employees operating it you might have trouble. [...]They have a redesigned reinforcement bracket for the connector leads but want to charge you for it.
GREAT UNIT IF YOU HAVE LOTS OF TOYS IN ONE BIG GARAGE. I LOCATED MINE CENTRALLY AND RAN LEADS TO 6 CARS & 4 MOTORCYCLES