Product Specifications for Auto Meter AC Smart Power System/Memory Saver
|BM Part #:||SPS-12|
|Input Voltage:||100-240 VAC 50/60 Hz|
- Max continuous output current: 4 Amps
- Output voltage: 14 VDC
- Max AC Input current: 2.5 Amps
- Short circuit protection: Yes
- Operating Temperature: 32° to 104°F
- Storage Temperature: -4° to 185°F
- Simple, plug and play operation.
- Direct AC power connection ensures 100% uptime during battery-out service with no need to charge unit.
- Provides regulated voltage, ensuring safe operation while converting 120 VAC to 14VDC.
- OBDII or optional 12v outlet adapter (AC-75) ensures compatibility with nearly all vehicles making the SPS-12 extremely versatile.
- Parasitic Draw Indicator
- Easy to read LED indicators show low, medium, or high current draw aiding in diagnosis.
- Solid Green or Yellow Lights indicate that current is in the normal range.
- Solid Red Light indicates that current is in the high range.
- An unlit "Power to Vehicle" LED indicates that current draw is very high.
- A flashing "AC Power" LED indicates that there is a direct short.
The SPS-12 Smart Power System provides power through the vehicle's OBDII port or 12v outlet (with optional adapter) to keep vehicle computer systems supplied with power when the battery is disconnected or removed. The SPS-12 also accurately monitors for parasitic electrical draw that could cause the battery to discharge when the vehicle is not in use. It also preserves any radio/infotainment settings, memory and engine/transmission adaptations.