2 Batteries in 1
The Odyssey PC1700MJT battery combines in one box the characteristics of two separate batteries. It can deep cycle (be recharged) as well as provide enormous cranking power.
Only Hawker Odyssey batteries are based on the same battery technology offered by Hawker to the military for aircraft and tank batteries. Odyssey batteries are of military grade and have endured rigorous tests that demonstrate their overall ruggedness and exceptional tolerance of mechanical abuse.
Superior cranking and fast charge capability
The 5 second cranking power of Odyssey batteries is double to triple that of equally sized conventional batteries, even when the temperature is as low as - 40° C. Also, with simple constant voltage charging (alternator or independent charger), there is no limitation on the inrush current, so the user is assured of a fast charge.
- Length 13 in.
- Width 6 5/8 in.
- Height 6 15/16 in.
- Drycell Battery
- With Metal Jacket: Provides a slightly higher operating temperature range, slightly more vibration resistance, and protection again debris that may hit the battery (when used in compatible applications).
- 12 Volt
- 65 Ah @ 10hr rate
- 810 CCA
- 1550 Cranking Amps for 5 Seconds
- 142 Minute Reserve Capacity
- Cycle life @ 77° F 400 at 100% DOD
- -40° F to 140° F Temperature Range
- With SAE Automotive Terminals
- Stinger Power2 SP1700 equivalent
- More Specs: (Adobe PDF)
- Catalogue number 0771-2021
- Made in the USA
- 3 to 10 year service life, when properly maintained.
- 99.9% pure lead providing minimal plate corrosion
- Explosion proof
- Corrosion proof
- 2 to 3 times the cranking power of equivalent size battery
- Spill and leak proof
- Superior vibration resistance
- Fully Charged out of the box
- When fully charged can be stored for up to 2 years at 77° F
- May be installed on its sides at any angle without sacrificing performance attributes
- Military grade version of the Hawker Genesis
- 2 Year Full Powersports Warranty
- Made in the USA
Note: Please check dimensions and terminal configuration to ensure this is the proper battery for your application.
BCI Group Size Conversion:
Odyssey batteries are universal and can be used in many different applications and situations. This battery can be used in applications that require these batteries:
- (1) Installation requires reverse mounting orientation for correct terminal polarity
- (2) Installation requires battery side mount for correct terminal polarity.
- (3) Installation requires additional interbattery cables for parallel connections.
- (4) Installation requires battery to be placed on its side to dimensionally fit.
- ODYSSEY Batteries are universal in fit and may require non-OEM hold down brackets or spacers.
- Download: Odyssey BCI Group Size Conversion Chart
Unbelievable batteties! You get what you pay for.
Great deal on a battery to be used for a car audio installation.
Though I haven't installed yet, I have used an Extreme Series Group 65 for ten years on a vehicle in storage without a hiccup. I'm sure I can only expect similar satisfying results from this battery as well.
So I bought this battery 2 years ago, so I know you're wondering why write a post now, well realistically speaking it's the best post to read, because this battery has been tried and tested by some pretty darn extremes, and here I am to share them, so read on!
Installed in a 2011 Range Rover 3.0 twin turbo diesel, this vehicle is either parked up for weeks even months on end and then driven the hell out of, and every time I push that "START" button that engine tumbles like its gonna rip out of the engine bay, it starts better than when I first got it, and I would imagine that the starter is now worn so it should start a tad bit lazier, but that's not the case, instead I have received nothing less than mind boggling excellence from this rectangular box of lead...not straying too much here, but it's almost like a great battery has found a great company to distribute it, hats off to the fine folks at Battery Mart, excellent shipping times, packing and communication, hopefully I'd have my wife read this post so she'd see what I want out of my marriage (lol). So before you run out there and buy a bargain brand remember this, how much you paid for your car, how much the occupants mean to you, and how much would you pay for a warm car when the temperatures are below freezing, if you've answer is none or nothing then help yourself to a gas station brand battery. Have fun people, thanks for reading and enjoy this battery
These Odyssey batteries cost a bit more than your conventional lead acid battery but their performance is excellent. Also, you don't have to worry about sulfate forming & creating electrical problems from corroding ground connections below the battery. I used this battery in my diesel vehicle; diesels won't start if they crank too slow. This is my 2nd Odyssey battery, the 1st one lasted 9 years
This is my second Odyssey. My first one lasted seven years. After it finally died I bought a red top (because the price went up) and it didn't even last two years.
The odyssey, charges my Land Rovers electrical system and will run my CB radio & amp, X9 winch, 7 external lights,& power invertor.It also runs my Fridge freezer overnight with a constant 12 volt drian and still starts the truck in the