Product Specifications for AA/AAA/C/D/9v NiMH/NiCd Computer Controlled Smart Charger
|BM Part #:||ACC-CH-V2299|
Recharges batteries in all capacities: 2 or 4pcs AAA, AA, C, D (must charge in pairs) and 1-2pcs 9V. NiCd & NiMH batteries can not be mixed to charge at the same time.
- Easy to use
- Plugs into your wall's electrical outlets with the supplied AC adapter when using at your home or office or by the supplied 12VDC car adapter for use in your vehicle's cigarette plug.
- Recharges NiMH and NiCd batteries. Two (2) or four (4) pieces of high capacity AA, AAA, C and D (must be charged in pairs) or one (1) to two (2) pieces of 9V, at a time.
- The battery life is well protected by the -dV detection and timer protection for AA, AAA, C, and D size batteries.
- Automatic charging current selection for the different sizes of batteries.
- LED display for rapid charger, trickle charge, and bad cell detection for AA, AAA, C, and D size batteries.
- RED LED: Rapid Charge
- GREEN LED: Cells are ready for use / Trickle Charge
- Flashing RED LED: Cells are not suitable for charging
- For 9V Batteries: RED LED: Charging
- Charging Current Max: 800 mAh. 9V charged by constant current of 16 mAh.
- Negative delta V cut-off function
- Safety time to prevent over charge
- NOTE: 9 Volt port is manually, and will need the battery removed after 9-17 hours (depending on battery capacity) of charging
- Short circuit protection
- Reverse-polarity protection
- Bad cell detection
Estimated Charging times:
- AAA size:
- Capacity: 600 - 900 mAh
- Charging time: 1.5 - 3 hrs.
- AA size:
- Capacity: 800 - 2500 mAh
- Charging time: 1- 3 hrs.
- C size:
- Capacity: 1200 - 4500 mAh
- Charging time: 2 - 7 hrs.
- D size:
- Capacity: 1200 - 9000 mAh
- Charging time: 2- 14 hrs.
- 9V block size:
- Capacity: 100 - 200 mAh
- Charging time: 9-17 hrs.
This is actually a very nice "smart" charger, well built, fast, and easy to use. However, it has one very significant flaw that causes me to lower it's rating from 4-5 down to 3. It automatically cuts off charging for all the battery types EXCEPT 9v. For some inexplicable reason, the 9v charging does not self terminate. The instructions which come with it actually say this and warn you about it, but it is buried in the text and easily missed. Instead you are supposed to just guess when the battery is fully charged (they do tell you how long it should take to achieve a full charge from a fully depleted battery, so at least you have an upper limit on time to work with). If you forget to pull the batteries out you can presumably damage them as a result. This is darned near an inexcusable design flaw for what is otherwise a very fine product. I was temped to rate it at 1 because of this one item, but in the end it does so well with the other types that I opted for a middling rank. I can only assume that the engineering changes required to fix this are so substantial that they judged it not worth the added expense, but if they were just being lazy in their design shop then shame on them.
Nice to have this with some rechargeable batteries of ALL SIZES in the event of emergency.
It is easy to load the rechargeable batteries into the charging bay it seemed to work best to put 4-AA batteries across on the bottom contacts to get the best charging connection.
Cells are charged in pairs, so the "Bad Cell Indication" is in pairs, forcing the user to figure out which one or both of the cells are bad. Also, different sized cells fit into pre-designed pockets, except AAA, so its very difficult to get AAA into a position that will charge.
use it for remotes for tv
For the price, this is a great buy. I use it to charge up D and AA batteries almost every week - I use 10,000 MAH D batteries bought from Batterymart and they work really well and last a long time in my aerator pump I use to keep my fishing bait alive. They do take many hours to charge, but I just charge them overnight and all is well. The unit is mildly flimsy, but I don't move it around or dro
Easy to use, reliable, and portable.