Aluminum-cased 24 Volt, 5 Amp Battery Charger with XLR Connector, specifically made for Gel batteries.
This fully automatic charger confirms operation with three colored LED lights. Red indicates AC power is on, yellow shows the battery is charging, and green lets you know that charger has entered float mode.
- Specifically set to charge Gel type batteries.
- Charge control: Starts with a modified constant current charge, then to a constant finishing voltage, finishing with its float standby mode.
- Current limiting.
- Fully Automatic: This charger can be left on the battery indefinitely without overcharging.
- Not intended for use as a DC power supply.
- Full load at 2.1 volts per cell continuous - 100% duty cycle.
- Short circuit proof.
- Reverse polarity protection.
I have a Fortress 1700FS scooter made in Canada in 1993. It's still in great shape cosmetically and mechanically, The charger that came with it, also made in Canada, died recently, taking the batteries down with it. I purchased 2 new gel cell batteries and after much searching, spoke with someone from Fortress who recommended the above charger. Gel cell batteries need different charging cycles than standard ones and I was concerned about getting the right charger for those batteries. This unit works great and I'm very happy with the features and solid construction.