Product Specifications for Schauer Charge Master CM6A Automatic Charger & Desulfator: 12 Volt, 1/4/6 Amp (California Compliant)
|BM Part #:||CM6A|
- Listed in California Appliance Efficiency Database.
- Selectable battery type: Wet, Gel, and AGM Sealed Lead Acid.
- Calcium battery rejuvenation (desulfation) function.
- Maintains, extends battery life, and never overcharges.
- Conditions your battery and fights sulfation while charging.
- Quick-disconnect battery clips and ring terminals.
- Ideal for winter battery maintenance
- Heavy-duty cables.
- Protected for: short circuit, reverse polarity, and overload.
- Internal thermal overload protection and battery thermal runaway protection.
- Approved for use on these Odyssey batteries: PC310, PC370, PC535, PC545, PC545MJ, PC625, PC680, PC680MJ, PC680MJT
Advanced Multi-stage Smart Battery Charger, Desulphator, and Conditioner
For Wet, Gel, and AGM Sealed Lead Acid Batteries
The Schauer Charge Master microprocessor-controlled charger makes it easy to keep your batteries fully charged. With a push of a button, you can select the type of battery being charged and the current that you need.
The Schauer charger has a few unique features not found on many other chargers. Here are two that particularly stand-out:
- The charger will automatically memorize your charging rate and battery type setting. When you use the charger again, it will use the last used settings.
- If the charger is connected to the battery, you can change the charge rate or battery type without damaging the unit or your battery.
What is sulfation, and how can the Schauer Charge Master help?
During normal use, small sulfate crystals form on the battery. This is normal and not harmful. However, when a battery goes for an extended period of time without use or maintenance (i.e. kept on a charger), the lead sulfate converts to a stable crystalline that deposits on the negative plates. These crystals lead to larger ones, which blocks the the necessary chemical reactions the plates need to operate normally. This reduces your battery's life and makes it harder to charge your battery.
One of the major features of Schauer's Charge Master is the float pulse charging. This specialty feature blasts battery-ruining sulfation off the plates, conditioning the battery and prolonging the battery life. Your battery will be maintained, rejuvenated, and ready to give you longer service life.
Knowing little about trickle chargers prior to my call, it was great to have a real person on the phone giving me some guidance (Amazon has it's advantages, but does not offer this). The Schauer Charge Master does what it is supposed to do, and will be a great help with extending the life of my marine deep cycle as well as my garden tractor battery (when stored over the winter). It's nice to know I don't have to worry about overcharging and ruining a very expensive gel battery.
I purchased the CM6A on a recommendation from Battery Mart and it is perfect for my AGM type battery. Michael McKinney was very knowledgeable and patient explaining the type of battery I had and how it worked and why it required this type of charger which had the necessary 6 amp capability. I leave it on when the car is not in use as it is a classic car and driven sporadically. Also I can use it on other battery types if I need to. Seems to be working fine and could not be more pleased.
AGM battery charges up. Used an automotive battery charger that would not work. Bought this battery and my Odyssey PC545 charges up and holds the charge now. Works wonders.
The staff was great, very helpful and knowledgeable. There charger was easy to use and works great. Thank you
This Is The Best Charger I Have Ever Owned & And I Had A Lot Of Battery Tenders , And Not 1/2 As Good As The >>>Schauer Charge Master CM6A Automatic Charger & Desulfator: 12 Volt, 1/4/6 Amp
Thank You For That Battery Mart
Joseph J Verdecchia
in my hands in less than a week and was suggested by engineers at Odyssey battery.
This was advertised to regenerate batteries, I tried it on two batteries that were decent and now they are junk! When I wrote for return, no one told me anything!