The Victron Energy Blue Power is a waterproof smart charger for 12 volt batteries. It will charge most battery types, including wet, maintenance-free, gel, AGM, calcium, and Li-Ion. It is Bluetooth enabled and has an app available.
This charger features a dead battery recovery function and multiple battery life enhancement features. The waterproof design prevents water, dust, and chemicals from damaging your charger.
Download the VictronConnect App:
The VictronConnect app lets you get live status info and configure your IP65 blue smart charger. It can be used to view charging history and even switch over to a "Power Supply" mode.
Seven Step Charge Algorithm
The seven-step charging algorithm gets the best out of your battery. The charger gives the battery the power it needs, maintains its health, ensures better performance and a longer life.
- The Test LED indicates the charger is connected to AC current.
- All charge LEDs will flash in case of reverse polarity.
- When the Test LED is solid, you can select the charge mode.
- The Test LED will flash as long as a charge pulse does not increase battery voltage to more than 12.5V. If the flashing persists for several minutes, the battery is likely damaged (internal short-circuit): Disconnect the charger.
- Charges the battery with maximum current until absorption voltage is reached. The battery will be about 80% charged and is ready for use.
- Charges the battery until fully charged.
- Optional reconditioning for deeply-discharged lead-acid batteries.
- Keeps the battery at constant voltage and fully charged.
- Keeps the battery at reduced constant voltage to limit gassing and corrosion of the positive plates. Slow self-discharge is prevented by an automatic weekly refresh of the battery with a short absorption charge.
- The battery is fully charged when the FLOAT or STORAGE LED is on.
Once charging is complete, the charger will begin its Refresh phase. This prevents slow self-discharge with an automatic weekly refresh of the battery with a short absorption range.
Recovery of Deeply-discharged 'dead' Batteries
Unlike other brands, the Blue Smart IP65 Charger will attempt to recharge a deeply-discharged battery (as low as 2 volt) by force-feeding it with a low current. Normal charging will then be resumed as soon as there is sufficient voltage across the battery terminals.
Five Charging Modes
- Charges up to 14.4V. Recommended for flooded lead antimony batteries (starter batteries), GEL, and AGM batteries.
- Charges up to 14.7V. Recommended for flooded lead calcium batteries, Optima spiral cell batteries, and Odyssey batteries.
- Optional reconditioning for deeply-discharged lead acid batteries.
- Reconditioning is applicable to the charge algorithms NORMAL and HIGH and can be selected by pressing the MODE button one more time after selection of the required algorithm.
- When in Recondition mode, the battery will be charged with low current up to a higher voltage at the end of the absorption phase.
- The Recondition LED will be on during charging, and will blink during the reconditioning period.
- During reconditioning, the maximum current is equal to 8% of the nominal current until the maximum voltage is reached.
- Reconditioning is terminated after one hour or when the maximum voltage is reached, whichever comes first. Example: (12V 7A charger) The recondition current is 7x 0.08 = 0.56A
- Li-Ion batteries do no suffer from sulfation but Li-Ion batteries are very sensitive to under voltage or over voltage.
- Li-Ion batteries often have integrated cell balancing and under voltage protection (UVP) circuitry. Some reverse polarity protected chargers will not recognize a battery when the UVP has tripped. The Blue Smart charger will however automatically reset the UVP to start charging.
- The Low Current Mode should be used to charge lead acid batteries that are 10 Ah or below.
I'm running two Victron chargers at the same time. Would both show up within the VictronConnect app?
Both units will show up on the main screen as two different units. You cannot make changes on both at the same time.
You can make your own battery pre-set, if you'd like:
VIDEO: Did You Know - How to create a battery profile for non-Victron batteries?