Soneil 12 Volt 5 Amp Battery Charger
Product Specifications for Soneil 12 Volt 5 Amp Battery Charger
|BM Part #:||1212SR|
- Input Rating: Dual 100:-240 Volts ~ 2.0A/1.0A Max 50/60Hz
- Output Rating: 12 Volt ~ 14.4V Max 5 Amps
- Charges: Wet Flooded, GEL, SLA, AGM
- Includes: Red/Black Clamps
- U.S. Patent Pending
- Dual voltage: 100 and 240VAC. This means you only need one charger for the whole world.
- Maintaining your battery at full charge will help prevent sulfation.
- Small size & light weight: Portability is a major feature. The charger can be installed on-board.
- One charger for any type of lead acid battery (no switch): The charger will charge any type or brand of lead acid battery fully, sealed or dry battery. The charger will adjust itself as the battery gets old
- Short circuit protection: If you touch the output Prove & -ve wires (with AC ON) and there will be no failure (no fuse will blow).
- Reverse polarity protection: If you connect the battery in reverse, there will be no failure (no fuse will blow).The charger will just not work. When the problem is corrected, the charger will operate normally.
- No current drain: If the AC is OFF and the charger is connected to the battery, there will be no drain of current from the battery.
- Low voltage start: The charger will start charging from 0.5 volts. This means a very deeply discharged battery can be charged. Other chargers cannot do this.
- Maintain full charge & no overcharging: can be left without harming (overcharging) the battery.
- LED Indicator: Orange: Charging Green: Charged
- UL, ULc (Canada), T-mark (Japan), TUV and CE (electrical EN 60335-1, Charger EN 60335-2-29, EMC - listed above) safety approvals.
This is a 12 volt, 5 amp battery charger with clamps, one of the more common battery connections used. The charger can also be used to maintain batteries at a full charge, which will help prevent sulfation.
Note: Not for use on aviation batteries
I was looking for a low amp charger because the crappy Harbor Freight generator I have was overloaded. The unit is solid and seems well built. 5 amps is not much so it's a slow charge. I don't know if the desulphiser is working but it's appropriate for my situation of charging my 2 6v batteries(wired 12 v) in my motorhome.
Somewhat pricey but worth it - this is THE charger I've been looking for.
It's a bit tricky to tell if the led is yellow or orange from afar. You'll get used to it after a while.
This unit resurrected my 6-year old Varta battery that's been lying around unused for at least six months.
It's not a quick charger but that's a good thing since it really takes time to "heal" a battery back to a good