- Charges any combination of 1 to 12 rechargeable batteries. Mix and charge AA/AAA batteries all at the same time
- The AE-2012 charges any other brand of rechargeable NiCD/NiMH AA/AAA batteries with precision and safety
- Twelve independent charging slots
- Discharge function with refresh program
- Intelligent microprocessor controlled with negative delta V (-delta V) cut-off function
- Automatic switch to trickle charge and overheat protection
- Automatic detection of non-rechargeable batteries, short-circuited, and defective battery
- Individual LED to indicate proper charge, discharge, and trickle charge
- Power source: Included AC/DC adapter
- Three year limited warranty
- UL approved
- Also known by these other model numbers: TN160, 01160
The best thing about this charger is the ability to charge 12 batteries at a time; when Christmas rolls around I have to charge about 60. You can intermix AA and AAA. It does take about 6 hours to charge but that's OK with me. A couple of quirks: one, this unit has a button labelled "Refresh". The instructions only explanation of this is the phrase "Refresh button" with an arrow pointing to it, so I have no idea what it's for. The other thing is that the instructions show the icon for charging and charged, but the unit has a 3rd icon which is the battery shape with no bars -- that's how it tells you a battery is no good. Our other battery charger thought they were fully charged but they were indeed bad batteries.
Its fast. It tells you if a battery is any good anymore. It allows you to refresh batteries (discharge/recharge cycle). It shows level of charge while charging. It shuts down automatically when all batteries in the battery charger are charged. It has 10 slots for devices that use more batteries than normal (i.e., my label maker takes 6 batteries). I'm very satisfied.
Charger looks nice, most importantly it works well
Does the job well.
Looks just like another brand's 12 unit charger, just white in color. Still LOVE IT!