The 48 Volt, 3 Amp Battery Defender charger is a fully automatic charger appropriate for keeping any of your 48 volt lead acid battery systems charged, maintained, and ready for action. This double-insulated charger with its 4-stage charging process (explained further below) features a battery desulphating mode, constant current, constant voltage, and float voltage. The 100-240 VAC input makes it suitable for anywhere in the world.
- 48 volt, 3 amp constant current -- equivalent to a 6A tapered charger in charging time.
- Universal input: 100VAC to 240VAC - suitable anywhere in the world.
- Automatic cut-off and then true Float mode. Battery Defender can be left connected indefinitely without harming your battery.
- Battery desulphation: Preventative and reactive care for the leading cause of battery failure.
- UL, CSA, TUV listed and meets EMC standards. Our Battery Defender has been through rigorous nationally-recognized testing certifications for electrical safety.
- Compatible with on-board (internal) applications.
- Compact and light-weight.
The 4-Stage Battery Defender Charging Process
Stage 1: Deep Discharge Charging Pulse Mode: LED Flash
The Battery Defender starts charging at 0.5 volts and gives pulse current up to 5 volts. This removes recently formed sulphation during battery's in a deep state of discharge.
Stage 2: Contstant Current Mode (CC): LED Orange
The Battery Defender changes a constant current of 3 amps. When the battery's voltage reaches cut-off voltage, the charging state changes from CC (Constant Current) to CV (Constant Voltage) mode.
Stage 3: Constant Voltage Mode (CV): LED Orange
During this stage, each battery cell's voltage is equalized. The Battery Defender holds the battery at cut-off voltage and the current slowly reduces. When the current reaches 0.3CC (Constant Current), this point is called the "Switching Point." This Switching Point is one of the greatest features of the Battery Defender. Here, it can adjust current automatically according to the battery's capacity. This feature makes the Battery Defender unique compared to other chargers
Stage 4: Standby Voltage Mode: LED Green
The Battery Defender maintains the battery voltage at float voltage and current slowly reduces to the discharge current of the battery (almost zero). The Battery Defender can be left connected indefinitely without harming the battery.
If the battery voltage goes below 54V, the charger changes from any mode to Constant Current mode (Stage 2) and restarts charging. The charging cycle will go through Stage 2 to Stage 4.