Soneil 48 Volt 3 Amp Battery Charger / Maintainer with Clamps
Product Specifications for Soneil 48 Volt 3 Amp Battery Charger / Maintainer with Clamps
|BM Part #:||4807SR|
- Not recommended for use with Golf Carts
- See our line of Golf Cart Chargers
- Works with gel, AGM, sealed, wet, and any other type of lead acid battery.
- Automatic cut-off and then true Float mode. Can be left connected indefinitely without harming your battery.
- Battery desulphation: Preventative and reactive care for the leading cause of battery faiture.
- Compact and light-weight.
- 5 ft. AC cable and 5 ft. DC cable.
The 48 Volt, 3 Amp Soneil charger is a fully automatic charger appropriate for keeping any of your 48 volt lead acid battery systems charged, maintained, and ready for action. This double-insulated charger with its 4-stage charging process (explained further below) features a battery desulphating mode, constant current, constant voltage, and float voltage. The 100-240 VAC input makes it suitable for anywhere in the world.
- 48 volt, 3 amp constant current -- equivalent to a 6A tapered charger in charging time.
- Universal input: 100VAC to 240VAC - suitable anywhere in the world.
- Automatic cut-off and then true Float mode. This charger can be left connected indefinitely without harming your battery.
- Battery desulphation: Preventative and reactive care for the leading cause of battery failure.
- UL, CSA, TUV listed and meets EMC standards. Our charger has been through rigorous nationally-recognized testing certifications for electrical safety.
- Compatible with on-board (internal) applications.
- Compact and light-weight.
The 4-Stage Soneil Charging Process
Stage 1: Deep Discharge Charging Pulse Mode: LED Flash
The charger starts charging at 0.5 volts and gives pulse current up to 5 volts. This removes recently formed sulphation during battery's in a deep state of discharge.
Stage 2: Contstant Current Mode (CC): LED Orange
The charger changes a constant current of 3 amps. When the battery's voltage reaches cut-off voltage, the charging state changes from CC (Constant Current) to CV (Constant Voltage) mode.
Stage 3: Constant Voltage Mode (CV): LED Orange
During this stage, each battery cell's voltage is equalized. The charger holds the battery at cut-off voltage and the current slowly reduces. When the current reaches 0.3CC (Constant Current), this point is called the "Switching Point." This Switching Point is one of the greatest features of Soneil chargers. Here, it can adjust current automatically according to the battery's capacity. This feature makes this unit unique compared to other chargers
Stage 4: Standby Voltage Mode: LED Green
The charger maintains the battery voltage at float voltage and current slowly reduces to the discharge current of the battery (almost zero). It can be left connected indefinitely without harming the battery.
If the battery voltage goes below 54V, the charger changes from any mode to Constant Current mode (Stage 2) and restarts charging. The charging cycle will go through Stage 2 to Stage 4.
This is exactly what I needed to change my battery pack on my home made electric bike.
I added a different end to be able to plug into my handicap scooter. Works great now.
As others have stated, the clamps are too short to reach if you have a golf cart with pack positive and negative more than a foot away from each other you will have to extend them...I opted to cut off the clamps and use ring terminals for a pemanent installation...Other than that it seems like it is doing what it is supposed to..
Battery clamps are cheap.wiring between positive and negative clamps is not long enough to charge 48 volt cart.i personally extended the wiring and used better clamps. Charger works well with upgrades
great product to keep on your batter when you do not use the cart very much.
If you have a 48 volt electric golf cart you will love this charger. The original high current charger will not charge a dead 48 volt power bank. Use this charger to put some charge into your power bank then the OEM charger will now sense the incomplete charge and take over the completion of a full charge
I have bought at least 6 of these chargers and had very good service out of all but 1 which Battery Mart took very good care to get it right.