(12 - 48v) Use with General Motors alternators for 1985 and newer vehicles that require an extra ignition connection terminal.
Why You Want to Isolate Your Batteries
- If your vehicle has multiple batteries, one should be dedicated to starting your engine and the other to power accessories.
- Without an isolator your work battery will draw power from the battery with the higher charge until both batteries are equal. This could leave you with both batteries low and unable to start your vehicle.
Solution with an Isolator
- A battery isolator will prevent current flow from one battery to another, thus each battery will be an independent power source.
- With an isolator, one battery will run accessories and the other will have power to start your engine.
Added Benefit with an Isolator
- A battery isolator will also allow you to simultaneously charge both batteries independent of each other.
- The amount of current flowing into each battery is determined by the independent batteries start of charge which guarantees that both batteries will be fully charged, prolonging the life of the batteries.
Purchased an isolator from battery mart and received it in several days. The ordering was easy, and they kept me informed along about the purchase. The isolator was beefy and appears and was installed but not used on boat yet.
Installed in my show hearse, works great.