Product Specifications for Replacement EN6 Air Alkaline Battery
|BM Part #:||BAT-EN6|
|Height:||6.42" (163 mm)|
|Diameter:||2.54" (64.5 mm)|
|Warranty:||45 Day Return|
- Uses a very small amount of cathodic active material, which means more electrical energy is available.
- Unique chemistry continuously regenerates by oxidizing it with the air vents on top of the battery.
- No dangerous liquids, ready to use out of the box, and operates in any position (even if in motion!).
This 1.5 Volt dry cell battery contains no Mercury or Cadmium. The battery is crafted specifically for high power, constant voltage, and a better response to temperature changes. These features extremely important in telecommunication applications the Cegasa Air Alkaline battery is popular in.
The EN6 battery has been used in a variety of applications: HAM radio equipment, radiation monitoring equipment, ignition power for manufacturing machinery, equipment control panel back-up power, military CB radios, portable testing/measuring devices. And, the application that our customers have used EN6 batteries for... Grandfather clocks!
What are some advantages of Cegasa's Air Alkaline batteries?
More Powerful, Long Lasting
This battery is very similar in appearance some other batteries you may have seen (including the now discontinued Zinc Chloride battery we carried). However, internally they have substantial differences.
- Cegasa's air alkaline cells use a very small amount of cathodic active material when compared to conventional alkalines. To put it simply, this means that more electrical energy is available.
- The unique chemistry of the battery can be continuously regenerated by oxidizing it with the air. After removing the seal, small holes are revealed in the battery shell that allows air to flow into the battery's special support system. You can see these holes in the images above.
Easy to Use, Maintenance Free
When you're ready to use the battery, all you need to do to activate the battery is remove the plugs blocking the air holes
- Maintenance Free: Ready to use out of the box
- Safe to handle: No dangerous liquids to spill
- Solid state: Operates in any position, even if in motion
Works just fine in my old hand-crank magneto telephones. I'm ordering two more because I just got another old telephone.
I've had this square-cased Seth Thomas clock for decades. It was part of my Dad's collection. It required two (2) Eveready "Ignitor" 1.5V dry cells to keep it going. Those went out of production long ago and I have been unable to find a suitable replacement until now. These EN6 batteries have the Seth Thomas running and "KERCHUNKing" again. A bit pricey, but if they last the 18 months I used t
I have an old 1922 Self-winding clock that my father had hanging in the Western Union in Santa Barbara, CA. It is a beautiful clock and works perfect. It requires batteries to run and these are a perfect fit and quality for this clock. It winds itself each hour and the batteries have never let us down.
Thank you for your great Customer Service.
these batteries run an antique electric clock when my father gave to me and i love. i wish the lasted longer, were less expensive or rechargeable and would love a better solution. please contact me.
obtaining the batteries was straightforward and delivery time was exceptional. No problems.
I've been in need of a 1.5v dry cell battery for some time. The last ones I purchased from a retailer were horrible and didn't last anytime.
Very please with Battery Mart for selection, shipping, pricing and the environmental friendliness of this product. Can not speak to the life of the battery at this time as I've only had it about a month. It's being used in a clock application so my expectatio
I use the batteries in an antique clock. They fit and work perfectly.
- ANSI / NEDA 906
- ANSI / NEDA 906AC
- Energizer EN6
- IEC LR40
- IEC R40
- Ignition Battery
- Type R40