This 1.5 Volt dry cell battery contains no Mercury or Cadmium. The battery is crafted specifically for high power, constant voltage, and a better response to temperature changes. These features extremely important in telecommunication applications the Cegasa Air Alkaline battery is popular in.
- Energizer EN6
- ANSI / NEDA 906AC or 906
- IEC LR40, R40
- Also known as: Ignition Battery or Type R40
The EN6 battery has been used in a variety of applications: HAM radio equipment, radiation monitoring equipment, ignition power for manufacturing machinery, equipment control panel back-up power, military CB radios, portable testing/measuring devices. And, the application that our customers have used EN6 batteries for... Grandfather clocks!
What are some advantages of Cegasa's Air Alkaline batteries?
More Powerful, Long Lasting
This battery is very similar in appearance some other batteries you may have seen (including the now discontinued Zinc Chloride battery we carried). However, internally they have substantial differences.
- Cegasa's air alkaline cells use a very small amount of cathodic active material when compared to conventional alkalines. To put it simply, this means that more electrical energy is available.
- The unique chemistry of the battery can be continuously regenerated by oxidizing it with the air. After removing the seal, small holes are revealed in the battery shell that allows air to flow into the battery's special support system. You can see these holes in the images above.
Easy to Use, Maintenance Free
When you're ready to use the battery, all you need to do to activate the battery is remove the plugs blocking the air holes
- Maintenance Free: Ready to use out of the box
- Safe to handle: No dangerous liquids to spill
- Solid state: Operates in any position, even if in motion