2 Batteries in 1
Odyssey batteries combine in one box the characteristics of two separate batteries. It can deep cycle (be recharged) as well as provide enormous cranking power.
Only Hawker Odyssey batteries are based on the same battery technology offered by Hawker to the military for aircraft and tank batteries. Odyssey batteries are of military grade and have endured rigorous tests that demonstrate their overall ruggedness and exceptional tolerance of mechanical abuse.
Superior cranking and fast charge capability
The 5 second cranking power of Odyssey batteries is double to triple that of equally sized conventional batteries, even when the temperature is as low as - 40°C. Also, with simple constant voltage charging (alternator or independent charger), there is no limitation on the inrush current, so the user is assured of a fast charge.
- Length 13 in.
- Width 6.8 in.
- Height 9.4 in.
- Group Size 31
- Drycell Battery
- Without Metal Jacket
- 12 Volt
- 94 Ah @ 20hr rate
- 1150 CCA
- 2150 Cranking Amps for 5 Seconds
- 200 Minute Reserve Capacity
- Pos and Neg SAE Post terminals -NOT REMOVABLE
- Suitcase lifting handle
- Cycle life @ 77° F 400 at 100% DOD
- -40° F to 140° F Temperature Range
- More Specs: (Adobe PDF)
- Catalogue number 0790-2020
- 3 to 10 year service life, when properly maintained.
- 99.9% pure lead providing minimal plate corrosion
- Explosion proof
- Corrosion proof
- 2 to 3 times the cranking power of equivalent size battery
- Spill and leak proof
- Superior vibration resistance
- Fully Charged out of the box
- When fully charged can be stored for up to 2 years at 77° F
- May be installed on its sides at any angle without sacrificing performance attributes
- Military grade version of the Hawker Genesis
- 4 Year Warranty
- This 12 volt 100 Ah battery is made in the USA.
Notes: Please check dimensions and terminal configuration to ensure this is the proper 12 volt 100 Ah battery for your application. Round SAE Pos and Negative Posts are not removable, and are not designed for extra bolts to be threaded into the top.
I purchased this battery for a large engine 1970 Ford I keep in storage. Why is easy. I have two other stored vehicles that are also seldom driven using PC1200MJT batteries. One of the PC1200MJT batteries is 15 years old and still working like new - holding a 100% charge rate. The only battery care I use is keeping desulfating chargers like BatteryMINDER and NOCO offer in use on them. The only Odyssey battery that has failed me was a smaller PC950MJT that I suspect was just a little too small for the 1957 600 series Ford tractor I had it in. The restored 12 volt converted Ford tractor sees a good amount of use all year long - so I didn't keep a charger on it. But, it is still likely the battery was just too small for the tractor. That PC950MJT still lasted 5 years.
Best battery I have ever installed for solar system on my trailor
Put this in a custom '79 ford pickup with Cummins 6BT. Engine spins faster than ever and cranks immediately as a result. Alternator went out within two days of install, cranked for a week without problem while waiting on new alternator. It is slightly bigger than other group 31 batteries I have ran so check your dimensions.
4 years of abuse in my Range Rover and it's still going strong, looking at another for my wife's LR.