Product Specifications for H2 Dry Charge Battery: Acid Required
|BM Part #:||H2-DRY|
|Cold Cranking Amps:||70 CCA|
- This battery is shipped drained of electrolyte / acid. You will need to purchase acid for this battery. After filling, the battery will need to be charged before use.
- 6 Volts
- 14 Amp Hour @10 hr rate
- 1.4 Ah Charge Current
- 70 CCA
- Hard Rubber
Note: Please check dimensions and terminal configuration to ensure this is the proper battery for your application.
How to make a dry, unfilled battery ready for service
- Unscrew the filler plugs and press down firmly with your finger on the button of the cell being filled in order to close the vent and prevent overfilling
- With the button depressed, add the electrolyte (acid) until the filling well reaches the top.
- Remove your finger to allow the electrolyte to fall to its correct level.
- Do the same on all cells and replace the filler plugs
- Allow the battery to stand not less than 12 hours or more than 24 hours so that the electrolyte will cool and completely saturate the plates.
- After standing, restore the electrolyte level by adding distilled water or approved water to the cells while pressing down on the button as described above.
- Charge the battery at 1.5 amperes until the specific gravity stops rising. This will require approximately 24 hours. If the temperature of the electrolyte gets too hot, reduce the charging rate and increase the time.
Great service and support
Best packaging of anything I've received! Easily worth the cost in packing supplies alone! LOL
I had the acid shipped with the battery too, so that saved a trip to the store. Charged the battery for one day, and all is good.