Product Specifications for 12 Volt, 5 Watt Solar Power Trickle Charger
|BM Part #:||50022|
|Capacity:||5 Watt (0.333 mA)|
|Type:||Amorphous Solar Panel|
What's in the box:
- (1) 12V, 5W Solar panel with 3ft. of wire
- (1) 12V DC cigarette plug (Approx. 10" long wire)
- (1) Battery clamps (Approx. 10" long wire)
- (1) Set of Mounting Hardware
- Charges 12 Volt batteries with the power of the sun.
- Amorphous solar technology allows the panel to operate in all daylight conditions, including cloudy days.
- Features sturdy and durable aluminum frame, shatterproof tempered glass.
- Completely weatherproof for added durability.
- Built-in overcharge/discharge protection.
- Works with boats, SUVs, RVs, electric fences, deer feeders and more!
- Quickly connects and disconnects to the battery.
- Maintenance free with two easy connection options:
- Connects to vehicle's 12V socket with included 12V DC plug (cigarette plug)
- Connects directly to battery with included battery clamps
The Sunforce 5 Watt Solar Battery Trickle Charger will help keep your vehicle's battery charged anywhere, anytime! Maintenance free and easy to install, this solar charger offers an ideal way to maintain and charge 12 Volt batteries for your car, boat, RV, electric fence, deer feeder and more! Made with a durable aluminum frame and amorphous solar cells, this solar panel operates in all daylight conditions, even in shaded or cloudy environments. With a lightweight and compact design, this unit is fully weatherproof for superior durability.
- 3 feet of wire connected to the solar panel
- 12V DC cigarette plug
- Battery clamps
- Mounting hardware
Frequently Asked Questions:
What type of batteries can this solar panel trickle charge?
All rechargeable 12V batteries.
Can I start/drive my vehicle while the unit is connected to the battery?
For safety reasons, the solar panel should be stored while the vehicle is in motion as any distraction to the driver can be dangerous.
Will the solar panel overcharge my battery?
No, anything below 15W will not overcharge a 12V battery.
Do I need a Sunforce charge controller?
No, a solar battery charge controller is only needed for panels of 15W or greater.
How long does it take to charge a 12V battery?
A trickle charger is designed to slowly increase a battery's voltage, offsetting any natural decrease. The actual time to charge a battery is governed more by the size and condition of the battery than the trickle charger.
How do I know if the solar panel is working?
To measure the voltage of the panel, use a voltmeter. The open-circuit voltage reading should be between 16 and 25 volts in full sun (not connected to the battery).
Can I extend the wire from my solar panel?
Yes, panel extensions and panel accessories can be purchased from our website. Please see the related items below.
Can I permanently mount the solar trickle charger?
Yes, the solar trickle charger comes with mounting hardware. Quick twist brackets allow for secure permanent mounting.
Is this product covered by a warranty?
Yes, this panel comes with a 5-year limited warranty.
My company is small, purchased a 500 gal. off road fuel tank for my equip. I installed a 12 V pump ( there is no elec. where I stage my equip. ) a standard battery and the solar charger, it has been 3 weeks and things are working fine, the battery is holding @ 12.7 V. Sure makes life better for me, I am 100% satisfied, nice quality too.
It’s seems to be working fine an being waterproof and a5 yr warranty, 5watt to give you a little more ump is icing on cake when u don’t have an outlet near