Product Specifications for 5-Watt Solar Panel by Battery Tender
|BM Part #:||021-1163|
|Capacity:||5 Watt (270 mA)|
|Type:||Amorphous Thin Film|
|Warranty:||5 Year Factory Direct|
- Perfect for maintaining batteries without access to an electrical outlet.
- Battery Tender solar panels are the only panels with a built-in charge controller to prevent overcharging!
- Includes alligator clips and mounting hardware.
- Cord length: 5ft., 20AWG from the panel. Includes 2ft. long clamps.
- Sparkproof and reverse polarity protection.
Order today and receive free standard shipping on your 5-Watt Solar Panel by Battery Tender. Only valid in the contiguous 48 states and not valid with any other offer. Physical address required (No PO Boxes).
Harness the power of the sun!
This Battery Tender product by Deltran is a 5-watt solar panel with built-in smart charging controller. This panel provides 100% portable battery charging and maintenance. Perfect when you lack traditional power access. Battery Tender solar panels are the only panels available with a built-in charge controller to prevent overcharging!
- Amazingly simple DIY installation
- 13.25" X 16" X 0.875"
- 3 lbs
- Built-in 3-step microcontroller for precise charging
- 12 V Nominal Voltage 270 mAmps
- Temperature Compensation Sensor
- Reverse polarity protected
- Sparkproof, waterproof: Excellent option for outdoor installations
- 5 Year Factory Direct Warranty (covers manufacturer defects only, not breakage)
this battery tender is used for my riding mower, it's keeping battery fully charged and have had no problems except for having to extend lead wires.
The instruction manual should be more detailed as to the nature of Charging batteries - it is not obvious to all and everyone. That would avoid disappointments with the performance of the product
I too tried to verify the voltage output on the unit and got nothing from a voltmeter. I was concerned after leaving this charger on a battery for several months to find the battery was dead when I went to start the four wheeler. I tried to verify the voltage while hooked up to the battery and then after disconnected. I got zero voltage while un-hooked and it read ~6 Volts while hooked up. But her
Tested this with a digital meter -- no voltage & no amperage readings in bright sun. Batterymart referred me to Battery Tender for repair / replacement, but I haven't gotten a response from them in a week.
Perfect way to take care of batteries in cars or motorcycles that are not ever day drivers.
Works well. Size of panel takes up a lot of space but I guess having a large panel is good for getting more sun.