Product Specifications for Solar Controller by Battery Tender
|BM Part #:||021-1162|
|Type:||Amorphous Thin Film|
|Warranty:||3 Year Factory Direct|
Order today and receive free standard shipping on your Solar Controller by Battery Tender. Only valid in the contiguous 48 states and not valid with any other offer. Physical address required (No PO Boxes).
Not for use with the Battery Tender solar panels. A controller is built in to Battery Tender panels.
Battery Tender Solar Controller allows you to convert an existing solar panel into a solar charger using Battery Tender patented Super Smart Charging Algorithm. Usable input range between 5-45 Watts!
- Convert any existing solar panel into a solar charger
- Battery Tender Solar Controller has a usable input range between 5-45 watts
- Fully automatic: Prevents your battery from either overcharging or undercharging
- Keeps the excess voltage from damaging the battery
Tech Tip: Using Multiple Solar Panel Charge Controllers
If you use a two (or more) way pigtail, you can connect one solar panel to multiple controllers. Each controller would allow charge voltage until the battery reached a full charge status. Before you connect your panel this way, you should be aware of:
- The batteries should be disconnected from any application in which there are any draws. While charging this way, there should be zero draws on the batteries.
- Using the solar panel in this way will divide the amp output of the charger by the number of batteries and also reduces the charge output by the operating needs of each charge controller.
- Typically, this configuration would be used to maintain already fully charged batteries, as long as there are no draws on the batteries.
As sulphation tends to build on the lead plates of a battery faster when the battery is in a lower voltage state, the battery should be fully recharged in the shortest reasonable amount of time to help prevent the build up of load robbing sulphation on the plates. Solar panels, which generally have lower output than other chargers (that plug into a wall socket) are most often used to maintain fully charged batteries while they are not in use. They are very slow to recharge batteries from a discharge.
product is great and the service was even better
item shipped and received promptly and seems to be working ok,,
Installed in battery compartment of RV to keep house batteries charged along with solar panel I received as a gift. In the short period I have been using this product it has performed just as I expected of Battery Tender product which I have used before on a Motorcycle I had owned.
Maintain a full charge on a spare vehicle
Controls the proper transfer of power to the battery (ies) to ensure they are charged and ready for use.
I will use it to keep my battery fully charged without overcharging and damaging it.
I use this charge controler to maintain my motorcycle battery along with a 5 watt solar panel. Without the controler the solar panel would actually kill the batterybut now they both work great.