PC680 with Metal Jacket
This battery offers the same power of the regular PC680 battery, but includes a special metal jacket. This jacket provides the battery with a slightly higher operating temperature range, more resistance to vibration, and protection against debris that may hit the battery when used in compatible applications. The jacket makes it slightly larger than the regular PC680 battery, increasing it's size by approximately 1/10 of an inch.
2 Batteries in 1
The Odyssey PC680MJ battery combines in one box the characteristics of two separate batteries. It can deep cycle (be recharged) as well as provide enormous cranking power.
Only Hawker Odyssey batteries are based on the same battery technology offered by Hawker to the military for aircraft and tank batteries. Odyssey batteries are of military grade and have endured rigorous tests that demonstrate their overall ruggedness and exceptional tolerance of mechanical abuse.
Superior cranking and fast charge capability
The 5 second cranking power of Odyssey batteries is double to triple that of equally sized conventional batteries, even when the temperature is as low as - 40° C. Also, with simple constant voltage charging (alternator or independent charger), there is no limitation on the inrush current, so the user is assured of a fast charge.
- Length 7 in.
- Width 3 1/16 in.
- Height 6 5/8 in.
- Drycell Battery
- With Metal Jacket: Provides a slightly higher operating temperature range, slightly more vibration resistance, and protection against debris that may hit the battery (when used in compatible applications).
- 12 Volt
- 16 Ah @ 10hr rate
- 170 CCA
- 280 MCA
- 350 HCA
- 520 Cranking Amps for 5 Seconds
- 24 Minute Reserve Capacity
- Cycle life @ 77° F 400 at 100% DOD
- -40° F to 140° F Temperature Range
- Black Panther Predator BP-600MJ equivalent
- More Specs: (Adobe PDF)
- Catalogue number 0769-2017
- Made in the USA
- The Odyssey L Terminal Adapters may be required by some models to connect to the Odyssey battery. (Sold separately)
- 3 to 10 year service life, when properly maintained.
- 99.9% pure lead providing minimal plate corrosion
- Explosion proof
- Corrosion proof
- 2 to 3 times the cranking power of equivalent size battery
- Spill and leak proof
- Superior vibration resistance
- Fully Charged out of the box
- When fully charged can be stored for up to 2 years at 77° F
- May be installed on its sides at any angle without sacrificing performance attributes
- Military grade version of the Hawker Genesis
- Made in the USA
- Does not include L adapters (listed below)
Note: Please check dimensions and terminal configuration to ensure this is the proper battery for your application.
BCI Group Size Conversion:
Odyssey batteries are universal and can be used in many different applications and situations. This battery can be used in applications that require these batteries:
- 21 (1)
- 26 (1)
- 45 (1)
- 51 (1)
- 53 (1)
- U1 (1)
- 3ET (3)
- 12T (3)
- (1) Installation requires reverse mounting orientation for correct terminal polarity
- (2) Installation requires battery side mount for correct terminal polarity.
- (3) Installation requires additional interbattery cables for parallel connections.
- (4) Installation requires battery to be placed on its side to dimensionally fit.
- ODYSSEY Batteries are universal in fit and may require non-OEM hold down brackets or spacers.
- Download: Odyssey BCI Group Size Conversion Chart
| || |
Tech Tip: Special Installations
Mounting flexibility is one of the Odyssey battery's strongest features. It may be installed in just about any orientation (the only exception being inverted) without sacrificing any of its world-class performance attributes. Have no fear about acid spillage-- the battery recycles internal gas during operation/charging and the valve regulated design eliminates the need for an acid vent tube. All in all, this offers two awesome benefits:
It does everything it is supposed to and fits in the available cavity so it really depends how long it lasts with only intermittent service
Battery showed up in the box with full charge and I put it in a cold 91' polaris widetrack 500. -18F started right away, Great cranking power. No issues at all.
I built a custom carrier for the battery to mount in a 2010 MazdaSpeed3. The modification saves me 22 pounds in weight over the front axle. Went with the metal jacket since its pretty hot under the hood with the turbo. I'm going to go back to the 40 pounder when winter arrives. Battery Mart has the best price and delivered in perfect condition and within a few days. Great service...
Battery fit great with terminal adapters and started my gl 1200 right up. now lets see how long it lasts!
You can't go wrong with Odyssey batteries or Battery Mart! I've used an Odyssey battery in my jetski for years so when it came time to replace my motorcycle battery, I thought of Odyssey. I ordered one from a firm in Florida but after waiting over 2 weeks for delivery, I cancelled the order and reordered from Battery Mart. Two days later the battery was on my door step!
This is the second battery like this I have owned. The 1st lasted about 4 years. I never charged it in the winter. I saved $75 over Batteries Plus and $100 over BMW. My BMW needs full voltage to initialize. The ABS. Dropped it in and the bike started right up. Recommended!