PC680 with Metal Jacket
This battery offers the same power of the regular PC680 battery, but includes a special metal jacket. This jacket provides the battery with a slightly higher operating temperature range, more resistance to vibration, and protection against debris that may hit the battery when used in compatible applications. The jacket makes it slightly larger than the regular PC680 battery, increasing it's size by approximately 1/10 of an inch.
2 Batteries in 1
The Odyssey PC680MJ battery combines in one box the characteristics of two separate batteries. It can deep cycle (be recharged) as well as provide enormous cranking power.
Only Hawker Odyssey batteries are based on the same battery technology offered by Hawker to the military for aircraft and tank batteries. Odyssey batteries are of military grade and have endured rigorous tests that demonstrate their overall ruggedness and exceptional tolerance of mechanical abuse.
Superior cranking and fast charge capability
The 5 second cranking power of Odyssey batteries is double to triple that of equally sized conventional batteries, even when the temperature is as low as - 40° C. Also, with simple constant voltage charging (alternator or independent charger), there is no limitation on the inrush current, so the user is assured of a fast charge.
- Length 7 in.
- Width 3 1/16 in.
- Height 6 5/8 in.
- Drycell Battery
- With Metal Jacket: Provides a slightly higher operating temperature range, slightly more vibration resistance, and protection against debris that may hit the battery (when used in compatible applications).
- 12 Volt
- 16 Ah @ 10hr rate
- 170 CCA
- 280 MCA
- 350 HCA
- 520 Cranking Amps for 5 Seconds
- 24 Minute Reserve Capacity
- Cycle life @ 77° F 400 at 100% DOD
- -40° F to 140° F Temperature Range
- Black Panther Predator BP-600MJ equivalent
- More Specs: (Adobe PDF)
- Catalogue number 0769-2017
- Made in the USA
- The Odyssey L Terminal Adapters may be required by some models to connect to the Odyssey battery. (Sold separately)
- 3 to 10 year service life, when properly maintained.
- 99.9% pure lead providing minimal plate corrosion
- Explosion proof
- Corrosion proof
- 2 to 3 times the cranking power of equivalent size battery
- Spill and leak proof
- Superior vibration resistance
- Fully Charged out of the box
- When fully charged can be stored for up to 2 years at 77° F
- May be installed on its sides at any angle without sacrificing performance attributes
- Military grade version of the Hawker Genesis
- Made in the USA
- Does not include L adapters (listed below)
Note: Please check dimensions and terminal configuration to ensure this is the proper battery for your application.
BCI Group Size Conversion:
Odyssey batteries are universal and can be used in many different applications and situations. This battery can be used in applications that require these batteries:
- 21 (1)
- 26 (1)
- 45 (1)
- 51 (1)
- 53 (1)
- U1 (1)
- 3ET (3)
- 12T (3)
- (1) Installation requires reverse mounting orientation for correct terminal polarity
- (2) Installation requires battery side mount for correct terminal polarity.
- (3) Installation requires additional interbattery cables for parallel connections.
- (4) Installation requires battery to be placed on its side to dimensionally fit.
- ODYSSEY Batteries are universal in fit and may require non-OEM hold down brackets or spacers.
- Download: Odyssey BCI Group Size Conversion Chart
| || |
Tech Tip: Special Installations
Mounting flexibility is one of the Odyssey battery's strongest features. It may be installed in just about any orientation (the only exception being inverted) without sacrificing any of its world-class performance attributes. Have no fear about acid spillage-- the battery recycles internal gas during operation/charging and the valve regulated design eliminates the need for an acid vent tube. All in all, this offers two awesome benefits:
Bought this for my 2007 BMW K1200 LT. Installed on March 12. Slightly different dimensions but fit in to the stock location. Hook up was no issues. Did not charge it or do any prep. The PC680MJ cranked my bike over with little effort after the bike sat all winter. A little heavier than the sock battery due to the metal jacket, but that was expected. This model bike eats a sock battery every 2 years. Hoping to go 2+ with the Odyssey.
I have two LT's and this is the battery of choice. Cranking power is wonderful and this particular battery has the metal jacket necessary for the LT's. The battery fits nicely into the battery compartment and comes with hardware for install. Battery Mart has a great price and shipment was fast and easy. I can't give an overall value yet because both batteries are less than two months old.
excellent service fast 2 day shipping FREE!
I received the battery and there was an unusual issue with the positive terminal screw not properly seating.
I contacted Ashley at customer service who sent shipping tag for return. Battery terminal was repaired by a technician and returned with a short turn around time.
First off, the PC680MJ is exactly the same as the PC680 with the exception of an added metal sleeve around the sides of the battery. If you don't have a need for extreme vibration or other protection, stick with the PC680. The PC680MJ fits my 2002 BMW KLT perfectly. It provides plenty of power to turn over this big bike and keep all of the electronics powered. The included hardware (two bolts) are sufficient for attaching to the existing battery terminals without any modifications, you do not need to buy the add-on L-terminals. This is my third PC680 battery. They all have been well made and provide good service. Battery Mart consistently has the best price and ships amazingly fast. On the one occasion that I had a battery fail before the warranty, they provided a replacement (after inspecting my returned battery) with no problems. Highly recommended.
Simple: GREAT BATTERY . it fits perfect on my Moto and it starts perfect and very fast
The best battery for my BMW, I hope it lasts long time.
God people to deal with and a good product.