Product Specifications for Schauer Charge Master CM16A Automatic Charger Desulfator: 12 Volt, 2/8/16 Amp
|BM Part #:||CM16A|
- Selectable battery type: Wet, Gel, and AGM.
- Calcium battery rejuvenation (desulfation) function.
- Maintains, extends battery life, and never overcharges.
- Conditions your battery and fights sulfation while charging.
- Quick-disconnect battery clips and ring terminals.
- Ideal for winter battery maintenance
- Heavy-duty cables.
- Protected for: short circuit, reverse polarity, and overload.
- Internal thermal overload protection and battery thermal runaway protection.
Order today and receive free standard shipping on your Schauer Charge Master CM16A Automatic Charger Desulfator: 12 Volt, 2/8/16 Amp. Only valid in the continental 48 states and not valid with any other offer. Physical address required (No PO Boxes).
Advanced Multi-stage Smart Battery Charger, Desulphator, and Conditioner
For Wet, Gel, and AGM Batteries
The Schauer Charge Master microprocessor-controlled charger makes keeping your batteries fully charged easy. With a push of a button, you can select the type of battery being charged and the current that you need.
The Schauer charger has a few unique features not found on many other chargers. Here are two that we find particularly stand-out:
- The charger will automatically memorize your charging rate and battery type setting. When you use the charger again, it will use the last used settings.
- If the charger is connector to the battery, you can change the charge rate or battery type without damaging the unit or your battery.
What is sulfation, and how can the Schauer Charge Master help?
During normal use, small sulfate crystals form on the battery, but this is normal and not harmful. However, when a battery goes for an extended period of time without use or maintenance (i.e. kept on a charger), the lead sulfate converts to a stable crystalline that deposits on the negative plates. These crystals lead to larger ones, which blocks the the necessary chemical reactions the plates need to operate normally. This will reduce charge acceptance and reduce the battery's life.
Obviously, this is bad and you do not want this!
One of the major features of Schauer's Charge Master is the float pulse charging. This specialty feature blasts battery-ruining sulfation off the plates, conditioning the battery and prolonging the battery life. Your battery will be maintained, rejuvenated, and ready to give you a longer service life.
Included in the packaging:
- The charger itself with a 6 foot 120V AC cable and 4 foot quick-disconnect lead.
- 2 foot long ring terminals and clamps that connect to the quick-disconnect.
- User's Manual with instructions
It works as advertised. The unit is small enough to fit under the hood of a parked car and is encased in plastic so it can't short anything out or be ruined by dampness. It is fully automatic and works on small and large batteries of all types.
I use this for my Odyssey PC-2150 100 aH AGM battery. Odyssey's manual is very specific as to the correct charging profile for AGM batteries for max charge and max overall battery life. This charger uses a correct profile, as I measured with my voltmeter. It starts at a lower voltage, like 12.2 volts, and gradually steps up to over 14 during bulk charging. After charging, it moves into float mode
quit 10 mos old after 1/2 dozen charges, contact with Schauer, difficut to make contact with company.