Product Specifications for BatteryMINDer 12 Volt 5 Watt Solar Battery Charger
|BM Part #:||SCC005|
|Type:||Amorphous Solar Panel|
|Warranty:||2 Year Factory Direct|
The BatteryMINDer is a 3-mode maintenance charger and desulphator-conditioner that extends performance and life of all types of 12 Volt lead acid batteries. These include maintenance-free, marine, sealed, AGM, dry and valve-regulated batteries.
This BatteryMINDer provides full-time desulphation in all modes.
The unit comes with a Battery Condition Indicator that has a push button for testing the condition of the battery.
Please note: With .33 amps charge output (1 amp for the 15 watt model) the battery size must be considered. Large Deep Cycle/RV batteries can be maintained but not fully recharged from a deep discharge with this panel. If you have any questions, please contact one of our battery specialists.
- Includes one lug harness
- Brackets included
- 5 watt amorphous silicon solar panel
- PulseMode Circuitry
- Auto-Float control
- Automatic 3-mode operation
- Dissolves power robbing sulphation and prevents new sulphation (caused by self-discharge).
- LED indicators for Charge, Polarity Reversed and Solar Power.
- Shuts off completely when sunlight is reduced with no drain on the batteries.
- Meets exact maintenance float charge rate of all major sealed, dry-type battery makers.
- Guarantees full charge without ever overcharging.
- Prevents permanent cell damage due to self-discharge.
- Allows battery to be stored safely at -0°F to +120°F.
- Supplies exact voltage and current required – never more.
- Temperature short circuit and polarity reversal protected.
- Designed/engineered in the USA.
- Built in strict accordance with ISO 9001 Quality Certification.
- 1-year money-back guarantee handled directly through VDC.
- Model SCC005
- Output 12 volts @ 333 mA
- Charge Voltage 14.2 Vdc
- Float Voltage 13.2 Volts
- Desulphation Pulse 333 mA @ 3.26 MHz
- Float Current 5mA - 150 mA*
- 18 ft Panel to Controller Cable
- Solar Panel Size: 13.5"W x 19.5"L x 0.625"H
* Actual current output is determined by individual battery demand.
RV batteries kept losing the charge. Hooked it up in less than an hour. Even have the monitors inside the coach. looking forward to charged batteries all the time. Nice product.
Solar panel and desulphator work great. I use these on my landscapeing equipment and they prevent the batteries from going dead over the winter. Batteries seem to last forever when hooked up to the Batterminder.
I originally ordered the 5 watt, then called to change to the 15 watt. I had a 15 watt on my other trailer and felt it would be good to have the same unit for interchangability and extra power.
I have a whole house diesel generator and the battery gets very cranky in the winter time and won't turn over the generator during it's testing period. With the installation of this solar charger it now cranks up instantly.
Great for power equipment not used daily, Great for winter storage. Examples: boats , generators, lawntractors.
VERY EASY AND A GREAT BACKUP,SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT THE 15 VOLT
I use this charger in a remote barn to top up the batteries on my farm tractor and pickup.It's very convenient and works very well to date.
The long cord from the solar panel to the control unit contains two conductors and a gray outer sheath. On arrival the two conductors were shorted together where they emerged from the sheath. I cut back the sheath, separated the conductors for an inch and wra