Product Specifications for Black Acid Neutralizing Mat - 12" x 8"
|BM Part #:||BATMAT-BLK|
|Shipping Weight:||2.88 oz|
|Warranty:||45 Day Return|
- Traps and Neutralizes Battery Acid on contact to protect automobiles, boats, RVs, and high performance vehicles.
- Made from a proprietary woven felt and saturated with a nano-neutralizing agent.
- Recyclable and environmentally friendly.
- Protects battery from harmful road vibration.
- Easy to use; takes minutes to install. Can be cut and trimmed to fit your battery tray.
- The mat installs with the shiny side down.
- Completely Safe to Handle Before & During Installation.
- Protects against corrosion and rust formation on surfaces.
- Ideal for placing under batteries in storage.
Stops leaking battery acid from destroying your car.
The Battery Mat is a super absorbent, high density battery pad made to collect battery acid.
How to Use Your Battery Mat
The battery mat has two sides, one with the proprietary woven felt and the other has a rubbery texture.
When installing your battery mat, you will place the rubbery side down, to help keep your battery mat in place and secure.
The battery itself is placed on the felt side, which is designed to trap and absorb any acid.
I purchased this to be fabricated to fit around the fill caps on a commercial electric cart. Sometimes when charging, acid will come out of the fill holes and this product hopefully will absorb any overflow. The size was perfect and I was able to fabricate pieces with punched holes that fit perfectly on the battery tops. I hope this will help the slight overflow, more of a slight splash, as an absorbant. Product was exactly as I expected.
Use anywhere a battery acid leak could cause damage.
Simple to use
I have used these mats since the 80" in all my vehicles. Every time a sell a car, I leave it in as the new buyer thanks for that little piece of security.
This mat only works if you have a battery that uses a hold down bracket that attaches to the top of your battery. If you have a later model GM car, for example, with a small plastic hold down that uses the ledge at the very bottom of the battery, chances are this mat will not work for you. The reason being, it's too thick to allow the battery to go back in place for proper battery hold down. You need to use a mat that is 1/16 to 1/8 of an inch thick maximum, if battery is held to tray by the bottom portion of the battery. Hope this information helps some people out.
Cuts easy to fit in bottom battery tray. Nothing negative to say
As described and I thought to be a great purchase in preventing battery acid corrosion.