Product Specifications for Battery Defender 12 Volt 5 Amp Battery Charger
|BM Part #:||1212SR|
- Input Rating: Dual 100:-240 Volts ~ 2.0A/1.0A Max 50/60Hz
- Output Rating: 12 Volt ~ 14.4V Max 5 Amps
- Charges: Wet Flooded, GEL, SLA, AGM
- Includes: Red/Black Clamps
- U.S. Patent Pending
- Dual voltage: 100 and 240VAC. This means you only need one charger for the whole world.
- De-sulfation of battery: The charger will remove loose sulfation and increase the battery life. (Hard sulfation cannot be reversed).
- Small size & light weight: Portability is a major feature. The charger can be installed on-board.
- One charger for any type of lead acid battery (no switch): Battery Defender Pro charger will charge any type or brand of lead acid battery fully, sealed or dry battery. The charger will adjust itself as the battery gets old
- Short circuit protection: If you touch the output Prove & -ve wires (with AC ON) and there will be no failure (no fuse will blow).
- Reverse polarity protection: If you connect the battery in reverse, there will be no failure (no fuse will blow).The charger will just not work. When the problem is corrected, the charger will operate normally.
- No current drain: If the AC is OFF and the charger is connected to the battery, there will be no drain of current from the battery.
- Low voltage start: Battery Defender Pro charger will start charging from 0.5 volts. This means a very deeply discharged battery can be charged. Other chargers cannot do this.
- Maintain full charge & no overcharging: can be left without harming (overcharging) the battery.
- LED Indicator: Orange: Charging Green: Charged
- UL, ULc (Canada), T-mark (Japan), TUV and CE (electrical EN 60335-1, Charger EN 60335-2-29, EMC - listed above) safety approvals.
Order today and receive free standard shipping on your Battery Defender 12 Volt 5 Amp Battery Charger. Only valid in the continental 48 states and not valid with any other offer. Physical address required (No PO Boxes).
Charge like a Professional and be Proactive by stopping and reversing sulfation on contact. Battery Defender Pro is the charger with a super brain. Put the power of super computing to work for your battery. Blast battery destroying sulfation off your battery plates for longer battery life. It is the only charger of its kind.
Note: Not for use on aviation batteries
I was looking for a low amp charger because the crappy Harbor Freight generator I have was overloaded. The unit is solid and seems well built. 5 amps is not much so it's a slow charge. I don't know if the desulphiser is working but it's appropriate for my situation of charging my 2 6v batteries(wired 12 v) in my motorhome.
Somewhat pricey but worth it - this is THE charger I've been looking for.
It's a bit tricky to tell if the led is yellow or orange from afar. You'll get used to it after a while.
This unit resurrected my 6-year old Varta battery that's been lying around unused for at least six months.
It's not a quick charger but that's a good thing since it really takes time to "heal" a battery back to a good