Product Specifications for Mazda MIATA Battery
|BM Part #:||MAR-8AM-U1R|
|Battery Size:||Group U1R|
|Cold Cranking Amps:||320 CCA|
- Made in the USA. Why it matters:
- If every American spent $64 on something made in America, we could create 200,000 jobs right now.
- Fits all Mazda Miatas from 1990 through 2005 with correct polarity (battery location is in the trunk of the vehicle).
- If your Miata has its battery located under the hood, this is not the correct replacement battery. Please see our Group 51R Automotive Battery (Item #: FP-AGM-51R) instead.
- Fully Charged out of the box and easy to install.
- Sealed, Maintenance-Free with a Vibration Resistant Design.
- Environmentally friendly: 100% recyclable, leakproof, and spillproof.
- Built-in vent tubes for O.E. (Original Eqiupment) vent hose attachment.
- Vent tubes use 1/4" inch OD vacuum tubing.
- BCI Designation: U1
Order today and receive free standard shipping on your Mazda MIATA Battery. Only valid in the continental 48 states and not valid with any other offer. Physical address required (No PO Boxes).
Premium quality absorbed glass mat technology (AGM) is ideal for the Mazda Miata. The Marathon AGM Battery was designed for more than performance; it was designed for the enthusiast. Completely spillproof and leakproof; frequent replacement and high maintenance are over! The AGM technology increases power while improving driver and environmental safety. The key to this technology is the highly porous microfiber separators, which completely absorb and trap the electrolyte. Molded top and side connection terminals provide versatility, increased strength and durability. The Marathon AGM Battery provides the most advanced power and value in the industry.
Even Mazda does not make this AGM version of the replacement battery available any more...but Battery Mart does! The product was delivered in 3 days from the time I ordered it, and one of those days was THANKSGIVING!! See below for my comments on Battery Mart the company.
The battery was an easy and direct replacement for the battery I replaced, which was a Mazda battery, but could not have been the original, as this is a 25 year old car! It was important to me that the battery be of the AGM variety, and Battery Mart was one of the few places I could locate the exact battery I needed. And the price was reasonable when compared to other lead acid batteries, from Advanced Auto, AutoZone, and yes, even Walmart!!
After installation, I got in the car, and it started right up! And has every time since, despite some very cold temperatures here in the Chicagoland area lately.
I think I have found my source for car batteries from here on out - Battery Mart!!
Fit in battery well and the existing battery clamps were the right length. Charged it up to full overnight and started up the engine the following morning.
Product was an exact fit!
Exact size for my Miata;Toped it off with a 3hr 2amp charge and it read 12.84 volts. Looks like identical battery to Miata Super start sold for $125 elsewhere.Great customer assistance! Added a 6 inch longer vent tube and Zoom Zoom!
It arrived expeditiously and after charging it, it has worked as expected.
The battery came quickly and appears to be very good. It may be a five star battery, but it is too soon to tell.
Battery installed quick and easy and so far is working just fine in the Miata. I took one star off because it was shipped to the wrong address and there was a hassle with getting the address changed and then took another day to arrive. Since I paid with PayPal the address should have been correct. Except for the address snafu all is well.
- 1990MazdaMX-5 MiataL4 1.6L
- 1991MazdaMX-5 MiataL4 1.6L
- 1992MazdaMX-5 MiataL4 1.6L
- 1993MazdaMX-5 MiataL4 1.6L
- 1994MazdaMX-5 MiataL4 1.8L
- 1995MazdaMX-5 MiataL4 1.8L
- 1996MazdaMX-5 MiataL4 1.8L
- 1997MazdaMX-5 MiataL4 1.8L
- 1998MazdaMX-5 MiataL4 1.8L
- 1999MazdaMX-5 MiataL4 1.8L
- 2000MazdaMX-5 MiataL4 1.8L
- 2001MazdaMX-5 MiataL4 1.8L
- 2002MazdaMX-5 MiataL4 1.8L
- 2003MazdaMX-5 MiataL4 1.8L
- 2004MazdaMX-5 MiataL4 1.8L
- 2005MazdaMX-5 MiataL4 1.8L