This item is no longer available and is shown for reference purposes only.
It has been replaced by the BatteryMINDer 2012 (For Wet and Gel batteries) and BatteryMINDer 2012-AGM (for AGM batteries
AGM/OPTIMA BatteryMINDer PLUS Maintainer / Desulfator-Conditioner 12 Volt - 1.0 Amp
This specially adjusted BatteryMINDer PLUS is designed to only maintain Optima, Odyssey and all known brands of AGM sealed "dry" batteries at full charge, without ever overcharging. Special adjustment ensures complete compliance with battery manufacturer's exact specifications for cyclic long term non-use storage. One (1) Amp (constant voltage) maximum current, when battery is at less than full charge when first stored, complies with AGM battery maker's requirements.
The BatteryMINDer Plus goes two steps further than any known maintenance charger. Using Pulse Width Modulated (PWM) circuitry the unit supplies each battery with just the amount of current needed to raise or maintain the battery's voltage at full charge level. Second step is the full-time automatic process that safely removes harmful sulfation3. By using U.S. patented pulse mode technology it dissolves the crystals of sulphate that prevents the battery from delivering its full power and cycle life. It does this without raising the output voltage above the battery maker's maximum recommended voltage levels. Keeping the battery free of sulphate virtually guarantees to significantly increase your battery's life and performance. All units are individually adjusted to ensure compliance with each battery manufacturer's specifications.
VDC Electronics guarantees a sulphate-free battery over its entire life-time or you will receive 100% of your money back. This guarantee is in addition to a five (5) year "no hassle" warranty.
NOTE: Model 12118 AGM / OPTIMA BatteryMINDer PLUS should only be used on AGM type sealed batteries, not "filler cap" liquid batteries, due to its special voltage settings. This unit is designed primarily as a maintenance charger for long term, safe storage charging of Optima and other similar AGM type batteries, not as a primary or general charging source.
- Safely maintains and desulphates all size / type / brand starter, deep cycle, dual purpose sealed, AGM, Optima, "dry"-type batteries in accordance with battery manufacturers specifications.
- Maintains from 1 to 5 batteries at a time (12 Volt batteries parallel-connected (or 6 Volt batteries series-connected) for less than 15 cents per month.
- Guaranteed to never overcharge any battery, regardless of how long connected.
- Full-Time Desulfation-automatically dissolves harmful sulphate when unit is in either the charge or maintenance modes, using safe U.S. Patented pulse technology.
- Isolation transformer and smart chip technology ensure safe, long-term performance.
- Auto reset thermostat - prevents damage to charger when connected to faulty battery
- Full-time battery monitoring - automatically tests battery every microsecond, supplying only the current needed to maintain battery at full charge.
- Conformal-coated circuitry ensures trouble-free life even in high-moisture marine environments.
- Allows battery to be stored safely at 0°F to +90°F. For temperatures over 90°F, use the 12248 or 2012AGM models.
- Unit comes complete with Qwik connect/disconnect battery clips and a ring terminal assembly (with easily replaceable fuse) for permanent connection.
- Full year 100% money-back guarantee takes the risk out of trying this product.
- Five (5) year "No Hassle" warranty covers everything except physical abuse.