Product Specifications for Universal Battery Tray
|BM Part #:||DEK-00253|
|Shipping Weight:||12 oz|
Universal replacement battery tray. Measure the length of your battery before purchasing universal replacement tray.
- Made with durable rust and corrosion resistant polypropylene.
- Fits passenger cars and light-duty vehicles.
- Universal slotted holes in tray and adapter brackets make installation easy.
- Adapters to original equipment hold-downs, most replacement hold-downs and hold-down bolts.
- Will fit all BCI group numbers up to 11-3/8 inches.
- This universal replacement battery tray will hold many other sizes in addition o those listed.
- Fits group sizes: 22F, 24, 24F, 42, 55, 62, 70, 71, 74
CAUTION: Be very careful when working in battery compartment area. Handling rusted or acid-corroded batteries, accessories, and related parts may be dangerous to your person or clothing.
- Before removing battery from vehicle, identify and mark battery cables, positive (+) and negative (-).
- After cables have been marked and identified, begin by first disconnecting negative (-) cable from battery terminal. Set this cable aside, avoiding contact with remaining attached positive (+) cable or battery terminal. Disconnect positive (+) cable.
- Remove all battery hold-down hardware and set aside, away from battery.
- Remove battery from old tray. Store in an area away from vehicle and tools, ready for re-installation.
- Remove old tray. If possible, save original nuts, bolts, washers, etc., for use in installing replacement tray.
- Set replacement tray in place. If mounting slots do not match original holes, drill new holds into tray, fender apron, or vehicle tray mounting platform.
- Attach and secure new replacement tray. If old nuts, bolts, and washers are badly damaged or corroded, discard and replace with new ones.
- Install battery into new tray. Secure into place with hold-down hardware. If original hold-down hardware is damaged, corroded, or does not conform to new replacement tray, purchase new universal hold-down, available at this store or dealer.
- Reconnect positive (+) battery cable first, then negative (-) battery cable.